Re: Bugs I Found While Redoing Straud Mansion

by AvePlumosa

Original Post

Bugs I Found While Redoing Straud Mansion

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone except Eco Living, Island Living, Moschino, and My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When curving the stairs in the 1st Basement section, it makes a bulge on the ground floor near those stairs. The system won't let me put objects on diagonal walls next to windows and doors. When I loaded Straud Mansion, it erased all the paintings directly above the fireplace in the living room will let me put pictures over it. On the second floor, it will let me put a tapestry over the fireplace in the master bedroom.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above
What do you expect to see? I'd really appreciate losing that bulge. I'd really like to put lights next to the diagonal doors and pictures on diagonal walls. I'd like this fixed since the other two fireplaces don't have this problem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

CurvedStairs.pngThe bulge that came from curving the stairs.The bulge that came from curving the stairs.It won't let me put pictures near window.It won't let me put pictures near window.It won't let me put light near door.It won't let me put light near door.It won't let me put the picture directly above this fireplace.It won't let me put the picture directly above this fireplace.It will for this one.It will for this one.And this one.And this one.

Message 1 of 5 (623 Views)

Hero

@AMSpracklen 

The bulge is caused by the stairs needing more room.  You can get rid of it by adding a tile to the section of the wall.  Might have to do it on the level above and adjust the roof too.  

Diagonal walls.  Because of the space required by doors and windows, diagonal wall appear to have more space than those placed on regular wall.  It's more or less an optical illusion.  So if you want to place something on the walls, you can use the MOO cheat. (MoveObjects on)

Same thing with things over the fireplace and the lights.  You can place with MOO.

Things placed with MOO sometimes disappear at times for some reason but generally it's not an issue.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (586 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CGrant56 Yes! and the "AltGr" key that allows gridfree placement of objects
Message 3 of 5 (543 Views)

Hero
@AMSpracklen Tagging to see answer above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (505 Views)

Hero
@AMSpracklen Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (479 Views)