Bug with duplicate spell? Realm of Magic pack.

by AzzureRain

Original Post

Bug with duplicate spell? Realm of Magic pack.

★ Apprentice

I am unsure what causes it. But sometimes you're clones won't expire and will become full sims that are considered siblings. I've done a lot of testing and I can't find a consistent thing to trigger it. One thing that seemed to trigger it was killing my clone with fire then bringing them back to life. But that's not what happened the first time because the first clone to do this never died. I thought maybe if you left the lot when they were supposed to expire they just wouldn't ever but I tested that out and they expired anyways. The one who became permanent does not have any "Command:" options like normal copies do. I've also occasionally seen "You can't command evil clones" and the command thingie is greyed out. At least in this case I don't know if it's consistent but after the time for it to expire, it stayed and the only change was the grayed out command option was now gone. So it may be an intended feature? That is duplicate "fails" it creates an "evil" clone that won't expire. But I am not 100% sure on this. Neither the new, or original surviving clones had the evil trait even though I distinctly remember the new one saying you cannot command an evil clone. They also don't seem to be particularly mean or unfriendly to my sim I just can't command them. If this is intended perhaps make it so it says "Can't command free clone" or something? I'm not really sure. Either way it can be frustrating not knowing what caused it. I spent several real life hours testing things out the other day. I know that I became overcharged about 5 times to see if it was an overcharge effect but every single one of those expired naturally they just seemed to last longer then ones cast at normal charge. I like this spell but I don't want to have like 50 clones running around the neighborhood. Via backsaving I still only have one surviving clone and I've stopped saving while a clone is out just in case. I did invite the one surviving clone to my sims wedding. They're considered siblings but their relationship isn't super high. 

Message 1 of 10 (3,866 Views)

Re: Bug with duplicate spell? Realm of Magic pack.

Champion

@AzzureRain, I had an evil clone with the Scientist career in Get to Work.  But the clones in GTW (both regular and evil) aren't commandable and are meant to last, so they are a bit different than the ROM clones.  I think getting an evil clone is intended to be a backfired spell, but I feel as if the duration of the evil clones might be a bug. Wondering  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (3,845 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Interesting theory. I suppose that may have been what happened to me the first time. After a while the "Command" options vanished and I started getting "Evil twin" things. I didn't notice if it failed or not, it summoned the clone and I just assumed it worked. I suppose it may have failed and summoned a permanent evil twin.
Message 3 of 10 (3,820 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, yes, its a possibility!  I don't know if its true or not, but based on what others have been saying who have had the Evil clone, it does sound like a backfired spell.Raised eyebrow  Kind of like how you get tainted potions if your alchemy potions fail.  Not as bad as getting a curse though! Large smile

Message 4 of 10 (3,784 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Wow, that's a heck of a backfire then. If it works, you get a temporary slav... um... "assistant"... If it fails, you get a permanent evil twin... bummer.
Message 5 of 10 (3,764 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, I guess since it is a high level spell, the failure had to be high level as well.  Failing to ride a broom or teleport means you fall on your face, which is pretty equal to the magic skill involved.  With the Duplicato spell, I guess its high risk, high reward! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 10 (3,751 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah that'd be frustrating. Especially without any clear indication of failure. Have to know what you're looking for. I don't want 50 evil clone "siblings" running around my neighborhood. 

Message 7 of 10 (3,729 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@AzzureRain Well, at least if your clone has the "Evil" trait, you can remove it easily enough in CAS.
Message 8 of 10 (3,716 Views)

★ Apprentice

No that's the weird thing they don't have evil trait despite being called "evil" sims. 

Message 9 of 10 (3,708 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just started changing their hair color and wardrobe colors. LoL I have red, green, and blue doppelganger now. 

Message 10 of 10 (2,044 Views)