by Sorceress2696

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bug when changing aspiration from the collectors botanist trait

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change the aspiration from the free land botanist trait to the super parent trait with the greenhouse plant no weeding/watering bug and you don’t get the role model bonus it just keeps the collector bonus only.
What happens when the bug occurs? You don’t get the role model aspiration trait for super parent!
What do you expect to see? That the aspiration actually changes correctly when you change or that the change adds the bonus that is meant to be there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. All of these bugs have turned up after the seasons pre patch.

Have provided photos showing my sims skills after changing the aspiration and a photo showing what should also be there and the ticks to show that trait is active.

Message 1 of 6 (1,587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug when changing aspiration from the collectors botanist trait

[ Edited ]
Champion

What you're describing isn't a bug.

Quote from Carl's Sims 4 Guide:

Your first Aspiration choice matters in that your first Bonus Trait will not change after switching to a new Aspiration.

The bonus trait for choosing Freelance Botanist (and any other Nature aspiration) is Collector. This will stay on your sim forever, even if you switch aspirations. The reward trait for completing Freelance Botanist is Naturalist which makes you fearless of fire.

Your photo pictures the Role Model trait, but that is the reward for finishing Super Parent. It won't give it to you until you finish Super Parent. Switching to a family type aspiration won't give you a new bonus trait (Domestic for family type aspirations) and it won't replace Collector. 

@Sorceress2696 wrote:

Usually when I change it the new trait shows up from the aspiration on top of the previous trait (I have evidence of this on another sim that I brought in to use with a lets play.

That should only happen if you change the aspiration while in CAS full edit mode instead of using the Aspiration panel in Live mode. CAS changing aspiration is like picking their apiration again for the first time. It isn't meant to work that way in Live mode when switching apirations on the fly using the aspiration panel. You're meant to only ever keep your starter bonus trait in normal gameplay.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,558 Views)

All Replies

Hero
I'm a bit confused but according to your picture, you haven't done all the things to fulfill the Super parent aspiration ? Or is the picture from before you fulfilled them all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The picture if before I filled them all and I still haven't filled them all. I also didn't fullfill all the collector trait either as I couldn't get past water and weed 3 plants due to the greenhouse bug. Hence I am confused as to why I still have the collector trait there when I didn't finish it! I thought it would change. I started with the Freelance botinist trait with my Sims 4 Seasons lets play but with the bug I was getting nowhere with no aspiration points and as a result I changed it. Usually when I change it the new trait shows up from the aspiration on top of the previous trait (I have evidence of this on another sim that I brought in to use with a lets play. But this time nothing showed up and since my seasons lets play seems to be riddled with bugs like the toddler loosing conflict resolution, The Freelance Botanist trait unable to be progressed due to plants in a greenhouse not able to be tended/watered/weeded and certain plants not even able to be planted etc I just assumed it was another bug on top of all of those

Message 3 of 6 (1,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

What you're describing isn't a bug.

Quote from Carl's Sims 4 Guide:

Your first Aspiration choice matters in that your first Bonus Trait will not change after switching to a new Aspiration.

The bonus trait for choosing Freelance Botanist (and any other Nature aspiration) is Collector. This will stay on your sim forever, even if you switch aspirations. The reward trait for completing Freelance Botanist is Naturalist which makes you fearless of fire.

Your photo pictures the Role Model trait, but that is the reward for finishing Super Parent. It won't give it to you until you finish Super Parent. Switching to a family type aspiration won't give you a new bonus trait (Domestic for family type aspirations) and it won't replace Collector. 

@Sorceress2696 wrote:

Usually when I change it the new trait shows up from the aspiration on top of the previous trait (I have evidence of this on another sim that I brought in to use with a lets play.

That should only happen if you change the aspiration while in CAS full edit mode instead of using the Aspiration panel in Live mode. CAS changing aspiration is like picking their apiration again for the first time. It isn't meant to work that way in Live mode when switching apirations on the fly using the aspiration panel. You're meant to only ever keep your starter bonus trait in normal gameplay.

Message 4 of 6 (1,559 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

okay I have never changed the aspiration in CAS Full edit mode but interesting info on why those things are happening. Guess I was just confused. Only time that may have happened is if I started a new game with those characters and legit changed them. I never change the aspiration in CAS as I only use that to change features or clothes.

Thanks though

Message 5 of 6 (1,541 Views)

Hero
There's two different traits: A bonus trait which you get with the aspiration like the collector bonus trait and then there's the rewards one you get for completing the aspiration.

There can only be one Bonus trait as simvasion says but you'll get the rewards traits for completing

Moving this to game info as it's not a bug.

@Sorceress2696

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,526 Views)