Re: About Wants and Fears...

by MaddinWRITEsTuFf

Original Post

★★ Guide
@demongutzz I suffer from mental illnesses and the Sims was always a way I could relax. Now it causes just grief and lack of trust in EA
Message 61 of 102 (782 Views)

Re: Bring Whims back please

★★★ Novice

I also do not like wants and fear, I can not even disable it, they should remove this wants and fear feature, game is not playable when wants and fears is on.

Message 62 of 102 (765 Views)

★ Guide

I like the idea of wants and fears, but the implementation is not great. It should be possible to turn them off and have them stay turned off! And the tuning needs some serious adjustment too. My Sims keep getting a fear about their job every single day that they go to work, and it's extremely annoying. I really hope that they'll fix the problems with wants and fears and not just let it sit there, broken, because it really makes the game less fun in the state they're in right now. And you can't get them to stay turned off, so.

Message 63 of 102 (764 Views)

★★★★ Expert

As I said in another thread, I can see potential in Wants and Fears, but as currently implemented... the fact that it's base game Wants only, and the fact that Fears are so easily acquired that every single Sim I have is afraid of a "Dead End Job," means that gameplay becomes incredibly repetitive and frustrating.

My current coping strategy is modding it. I have a couple of Want overhaul mods, a mod that makes Fears harder to get, and a third mod that completely disables Fear of a Dead End Job (because I've seen that enough for my entire lifetime), Fear of Unfulfilled Deams (because it makes me want to murder my Sims for being such whiny drama queens), and Fear of Death (because every single Elder got that and... simultaneously repetitive and TOO REAL). So far, so good?

Message 64 of 102 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just had possibly the worst week days of my Sims life. He had 4 fears Death, DEJ, Swimming, and unfinished Dreams.

My god it is a nightmare trying to get rid of these while still doing stuff you are building your sim for. I know DEJ is bad because it triggers constantly and ruins the fantasy if a sim being in there dream career, BUT I think unfulfilled dreams is also a fat load. Prior to getting this fear my Sim had just completed an asperation the previous day. I think several members here have a VERY valid point about Fears not just disrupting gameplay but destroying the fantasy that we build in our minds and then try to carry out in game. It is one thing for a new game mechanic to be disruptive or poorly implemented but the fact is fears actively hurt the players ability to let there imaginations run free.

I am not saying EA should just not try to get this system right. I think a number of us have made very good suggestions on how to improve the system to have it better fit in to the game without overshadowing other aspects.

I just wish "games as a service" didn't rely in customers or players doing the play testing for the studio.

Message 65 of 102 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@hawnakitty Me too! I have a bunch of mental illnesses and always loved doing the sims to relax and feel better. But now I’m constantly stressed out by stupid irrational or nonsensical fears my sims get (ie my sim is in her absolute dream situation where she has worked hard to get to and should feel proud and content but instead has the fear of unfulfilled dreams. SHE IS AFRAID SHE WONT ACHIEVE HER DREAMS EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS ALREADY ACHIEVED THEM) plus I loved whims and can’t use them now.

thanks ea now my best depression, dissociation  and ocd reliever is broken. 

Message 66 of 102 (619 Views)

★★ Guide
@MaddinWRITEsTuFf I'm sorry to hear you suffer with mental issues as well. I just wish EA cared about us.
Message 67 of 102 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaddinWRITEsTuFf I also want the option to go back to whims only. The wants & fears thing is so bugged that I want nothing to do with it at all, and you can't even turn it off because it keeps turning itself back on. It's like being in a nightmare you can't wake up from.

Message 68 of 102 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@kissykaede I totally agree. Honestly I’m so mad my game made me update. I just want to play with my werewolves and whims without all the broken high school stories garbage.

and I was so excited for the high school stories pack that I was considering pre ordering (especially after werewolves was so good and the sims team seemed so on track to making the game better after the my wedding stories disaster) so glad I didn’t. I’m so angry that my game is ruined by these wants and fears. I just want my whims back.

Message 69 of 102 (563 Views)

★★ Guide
@MaddinWRITEsTuFf I am truly sad when I think about how much money people have given to a company to make them rich and we are ignored. How hard can it be to listen to us and fix the bugs?! They put out new packs while we wait for fixes that we will never get. I too have spent a lot of money on the Sims 4! I even bought a new computer so I didn't have to play the legacy edition. I've been playing the Sims since it was first released and it used to be fun. Sims 4 is a wreck!!!
Message 70 of 102 (998 Views)