About Wants and Fears...

by demongutzz

Original Post

Re: Bring Whims back please

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Honestly I loved whims and am sad that the wants and fears system completely overrides. I was trying to play without updating but unfortunately I ended up needing to fix my game and that went out the window. 

I HATE how you can’t dismiss wants the same way you could whims. I shouldn’t have to pay aspiration points to get the stupid want refresher and then only maybe get a better want after taking it. 

Also why are the fears and wants combined? What if someone wants to play with wants and not fears or vice versa? They are different and some people may not want to use both.

However what might be even worse is that the games wants and fears aren’t expansive to all the games packs. I honestly feel like the only complaint I had about whims was that I didn’t get ones related to all my packs, only the ones up until seasons. Now it is even worse!!! The only pack that wants and fears covers is high school years. It’s a serious downgrade from whims.

I honestly would have been much more happy if they had just added more whims for the newer packs (from seasons on) rather than completely revamping the system and making it a wants and fears system.

I am so angry that the sims 4 forces you to take new updates (unless you play offline) and won’t let you play on previous versions. Why can’t I go back to a version of the game with whims!? On minecraft I can play any previous version of the game I want to compare them and try out older features. Why is the sims like this….?

The removal of whims really put a sour taste in my mouth and honestly has been the straw that broke the camels back. I am no longer gonna purchase any packs for the sims 4 (including the new high school stories pack) because of how annoyed I now am with how EA allows this game to be treated. Sims team are gonna have to do something MEGA impressive to get me to buy anymore content EVER.

thanks for posting about this issue and making me feel less alone in my annoyance.

Message 51 of 102 (689 Views)

Re: Wants & Fears reappear despite being disabled

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nice to see that the Wants & Fears bug wasn't fixed in the newest patch that was released today ahead of the new stuff kits. /s

Clearly shows what their priorities are. 😑

Message 52 of 102 (669 Views)

★★ Guide
@GreaseBones96 Our money! There are people like me who even bought a new computer so we didn't have to play the Legacy Edition. I have spent so much money on broken games from a company who just doesn't care! 😕
Message 53 of 102 (712 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's gotten too far for me. Wasted money. I'm not playing this game again until the bug is fixed. 

I'm just too angry. 

Message 54 of 102 (698 Views)

★★ Guide
@LlamaOMama Then I fear you may never play the game again. They don't care that you're upset or angry. They will continue to ignore us. I mean why even put this forum here if they aren't willing to help us.
Message 55 of 102 (636 Views)

About Wants and Fears...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

It's making the game SO unenjoyable. I play this game to escape reality and "live out" the little dream life I've always wanted, not to see the real world in it. All was fine until the most recent update. I don't know about you, but personally, I really enjoyed whims. They made the game more fun IMO, and it was your choice if you wanted to do it or not. Now, I can't even play the game without my sims getting angry/sad/tense/negative in general every 5 minutes like??

My sims can't do anything without being upset every other second, it's really frustrating. It's like they are never happy no matter WHAT you do for them. For example, one of my male sims was a Chef, but he began hating his job, even though he had worked his way up all the way to the top and likes cooking. So, I changed his career; he's a secret agent now. He just started his job, and guess what? He already hates it, he "fears a dead-end job" or whatever the moodlet says.

Let me not forget to mention that my other male sim wants to break up with his girlfriend even though both of their relationship bars (friendship + romantic) are entirely FULL. I can't get rid of that "want", do you know how irritating AND stupid that is? How does it make any sense for both relationship bars to be full, yet one sim wants to break up with the other?

I did a little digging on some subreddits for TS4 and have seen others express their dislike for Wants and Fears, too. Call me delusional or whatever you'd like, but I think we should really all get together and tell EA/Maxis/whoever to bring back Whims because everyone deserves to play the sims in a way that they want to.

It's just ridiculous that if you want your game to be more interesting, you either pay $40 USD to expand it or download mods to include certain aspects of the previous games (notably ts3; bed cuddling, cars, working out with the tv, etc..) Some people don't want to, and/or can't, spend $40 or download mods to make their game more interesting, the least EA could do is let those people have free will in how they play their stories and not make sims stay in a constant state of fear and misery.

Most people play games to escape reality, not to relive it. I've been playing the sims for a long time now, so all of this is really disappointing to me. I really hope they bring back Whims in the next update because I've always enjoyed the freedom that comes with playing this game.

Message 56 of 102 (614 Views)

Re: Bring Whims back please

★★ Guide
@Elizabeth_121099 Sadly I don't see it being fixed
Message 57 of 102 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@HawnaKitty Yeah. I'm sticking to the Sims 3 for a while. 

Message 58 of 102 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, this is driving me nuts!  I had forgotten whims even existed, I'd had them turned off for so long, and I was fine with that.  Now every time I save, or travel, or start the game up I have to re-disable them.

Also, the Starlight Accolades seem to have disappeared again.

Message 59 of 102 (549 Views)

★★ Guide
@LlamaOMama I should probably do that myself
Message 60 of 102 (534 Views)