Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

by LlamaOMama

Original Post

Re: Bring Whims back please

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree 100% with the comments about fears!

Message 21 of 102 (728 Views)

Re: Deselecting "Show wants and fears" in game options doesn't work as

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same issue in regards to the toggle. Also, I don't like the new system. Whims were much better. Wants and Fears just makes the game annoying IMO. It's ruining the fun and making the game more of a tedious chore. There's just so many bugs and annoyances (excessive cell phone use being another big one) now. All I wish now is that the game would go back to the day before that patch was released.

Message 22 of 102 (667 Views)

Re: Deselecting "Show wants and fears" in game options doesn't work as

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Agree 100%. It feels the game is now dictating what should happen. Artificially creating tension. It suggested my couple should break up because they were in a Romance situation. Neither had flirted or cheated with anyone else.
I toggle off as soon as I switch households or exit CAS, but the effect lingers.
This has totally turned me off playing.

Message 23 of 102 (827 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If this doesn't get fixed until early September, I'm gonna stop playing. 

It's getting out of control. I want to play, but can't. 

Good luck EA fixing this issue!

Message 24 of 102 (789 Views)

★★ Guide
@LlamaOMama They should repair a lot of serious bugs but EA doesn't care that they sold us broken games we can't even play.
Message 25 of 102 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@HawnaKitty  And yes, I agree. Maybe the reason why they can't fix this right now is because of many reasons: 

1, They could be working on higher-priority issues first, like ones with over 200+ replies and me toos. It seems like this is the case because since the thread says it's open, they probably want to get more replies in. 

2, Sometimes they don't remind us about being alert in the page, but are alert about it. This could also be the case, but usually there will be more support from staff. 

3, in rare cases, they are making a new game. or finishing something really big. 

4, Or simply they haven't reached to us yet. Better wait a little longer!

Message 26 of 102 (766 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think today will be my last day playing for a while. In one of my main households I got Fear of Dead end job every day between three sims. Then Fear or unfulfilled goals started to jump in and like I said earlier you can only conquer one at a time. My return how routine now consists of wasting several hours cheering my sim up just to attempt regain passion. After todays play session I am more tired then relaxed. The worst part of this is I don't even see anything to suggest that this super borked up system is even on Maxis radar. After the Growing Pains fix there social media went back to business as usual trying to push the new expansion on people. 

Message 27 of 102 (665 Views)

★★ Guide
@LlamaOMama I've been pleading with them to fix the planting bug as I've been experiencing that for 2 years 😕
Message 28 of 102 (724 Views)

★★★ Guide

When you load a lot go to gameplay settings and disable wants & fears. It will re-enable itself after traveling but at least for awhile you dont have to suffer with this crap.

Message 29 of 102 (650 Views)

★★★ Guide

@LlamaOMamaThere are several years old big issues and not one word from the devs if those issues are even on their radar. So I add another possibility to your list:

5, the devs dont care.

And they could very easily communicate with us about whats currently being worked on. The complete lack of communication supports this. Its a common problem in the gaming industry.

Message 30 of 102 (716 Views)