Re: Bought and downloaded tiny living stuff pack, but it is not showing in game

by emmaaculleton

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

howd you get a refund , i ended up with the same problem and would like to get my money back also

Message 11 of 22 (1,088 Views)

@NoGravityFour20  Go through EA customer support, and explain that your computer can't run the standard version of Sims 4, only the Legacy Edition.  (I mean, provided that this is the problem and not something else.)  The LE doesn't support any new packs, so there's no way for you to play Tiny Living on your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 22 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you get a refund? I dont run the legacy version but I have it and the tiny living wont work for me either 😭

Message 13 of 22 (1,001 Views)

Hero
@chlsbaker If you don't run the legacy edition, there should be no reason why it doesn't run. What symptoms are you seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (989 Views)

★ Novice

hi everyone 

so getting very frustrated with this.. I have tried working it out by searching everything but it’s still not working and now I’m at a dead end haha. 

So I have just gotten tiny living and it won’t work because of legacy edition. 
I have already uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything but left out legacy edition but then the sims wouldn’t work with out it. 

then I installed legacy edition last to see if it would work but still not working.

I have 64 bit and I’m on windows 8.1 

what can I do to fix my issue????

please help 

Message 15 of 22 (845 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@suzzie19915 

Tiny Living does not work with the Legacy Edition. Please post a DxDiag so we can see if you need LE.. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 16 of 22 (832 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there Standard smile

how did you receive a refund? I need to do the same Frown

Message 17 of 22 (701 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@emmaaculleton Please Everyone if you got windows 8/8.1/10 64 bit you can run the full standard game. The Legacy edition is only for 32 bit systems and OS's. If your Mac OS does not run Metal you will also be put on Legacy edition.
Message 18 of 22 (662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem. I do not run the legacy edition nor is it installed. All my other packs work fine, but tiny living wont run. UNIVERSITY and more recent packs run fine, but tiny wont work

Message 19 of 22 (584 Views)

@Simillion11  Try deleting the folder for Tiny Living, repairing the game, and redownloading the pack.  The folders for packs are within the game's program files, by default located in Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.  Tiny Living is the 16th stuff pack, so delete the SP16 folder.

After deleting the pack's folder and before repairing the game, clear Origin's cache and restart your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 22 (553 Views)