Re: Bought and downloaded tiny living stuff pack, but it is not showing in game

by PugLove888

Original Post

Bought and downloaded tiny living stuff pack, but it is not showing in game

★★★ Novice

I bought sims 4 tiny living on 22 January, and I downloaded it, but when I go into the game the pack does not show up at all. How can this be fixed? please...

I did repair the game, and I also uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it still wont show up

Message 1 of 22 (5,577 Views)

Hero
@DeniseJoubert Are you using the legacy edition of the game by chance ? Do you have the Uni pack and does that show up ?

Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (5,556 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same issue and I am running the legacy edition. I have a feeling that I know the answer is that the LE doesn't support the new pack.

Message 3 of 22 (5,516 Views)

Champion

@PeachyGreene, yes, I'm sorry, but you are correct. Disappointed The Legacy Edition does not support any new pack.  It will only support all packs up to and including the Moschino Stuff Pack.  So any pack  from Discover University onwards will not be able to be used.Frown

Did you run the legacy edition by accident, or is your computer only capable of running the Legacy Edition? Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 22 (5,506 Views)

★★ Novice

Just had to get a refund because I have Legacy Edition. SO SAD! Was excited about Tiny Living... The agent even said "I know that it's disappointing. As a game myself, who has a poor system can understand your feeling"

My system is not poor either! It's a Mac desktop, and it runs fantastically. Just think it's rude that they're ignoring those of us who have older systems, and making it impossible for us to have the newest packs, especially this super cool looking TIny Living pack.

EA, you've let a lot of people down. Please fix this issue!

Message 5 of 22 (5,488 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately EA is blocking you from downloading new content if your system is running Legacy Edition. We need to speak out about this issue! It's ridiculous!

Message 6 of 22 (5,481 Views)

★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Thankfully my lap top can kinnnnnnda run the 64 bit long enough for me to get some play in. But I wish I had looked more into it before buying this when I could have bought another pack that would have worked Frown
Message 7 of 22 (5,465 Views)

Champion

@PeachyGreene, well, at least you kind play it for a bit. It is better than nothing,  For the future, it is always helpful to some research before making purchases where either money or performance is an issue.  It is too bad you could have bought another pack that would have worked better with your computer.  I feel for you and for @katielynnosaur  for your problems. Devil  This is how I felt when the original The Sims was ending and TS2 was released.  I couldn't run TS2 on my computer and felt very left out! Disappointed I wanted TS2 so bad!  Ironically, within 6 months to a year my old computer broke and I had no choice but to get a new computer since the work I was doing at the time required me to some work at home. But after that I was able to get TS2! 

@katielynnosaur, I know it feels crummy, but the video game industry will always be advancing, and that includes needing better computers to play the games. Raised eyebrowThat is just the nature of the industry. 

At least you are able to still play the packs that you both have! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 22 (5,405 Views)

★ Novice

i do not have LE i have the regualr one and it still wont work..

Message 9 of 22 (5,366 Views)

★ Guide

Have you quit and relaunched your game? Sometimes I forget that I have to do that to launch a new pack. 

Message 10 of 22 (5,337 Views)