by mg6255k

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [PSP] Bonehilda doesn't fight Temperance

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal [this is where the issue lies], Tiny Living, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interacting with the Angry Spirit that occasionally appears from the Paranormal pack
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been having issues with the Angry Spirit (not a "spectre" - don't know her name, sorry!). Nothing I seem to do is having any effect on her. Guidry says to "quick summon Bonehilda" but she doesn't do anything in response to the Angry Spirit. I've also tried gifting her the icon/statue/figurine that Guidry gives you in one of his responses but that doesn't seem to do anything either.
What do you expect to see? An action like "quick summoning Bonehilda" or gifting icon/statue/figurine (both of with Guidry suggests) should have an effect on the Angry Spirit
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As Above

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

EDIT by Crinrict: Merged thread into this that had 7 me toos.

Message 8 of 13 (2,547 Views)

Bonehilda not defending against Temperance

★ Apprentice

Hi, is bonehilda supposed to do anything against temperance like "fight" her but all she does is stand there when the bizarre idol doesn't work and I have to deal with her for the rest of the night. 

Message 1 of 13 (3,077 Views)

Re: Bonehilda not defending against Temperance

Hero
@mg6255k Does bonehilda do her job for you otherwise if Temperance is not there or does she also just stand around ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,032 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes she does clean up and stuff but I don't have a very messy house and she can't do much else. She just sorta stands there and goofs off and chats with people until she leaves when temperance is around. 

Message 3 of 13 (2,983 Views)

Hero
@mg6255k Do you have any mods in your game ? Are you playing a house or an apartment ?

I haven't had any issues with her fighting Temperance in my own game.

Could you maybe test another house to see if it happens there too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,961 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict Hi, I do have mods but they're all up to date but ill try without them.

I'm in the house that came with the pack.

I have seen other haunted houses but I'll use another save file as to not mess up my current one. 

Message 5 of 13 (2,943 Views)

Hero
@mg6255k Even updated mods can still cause issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Bonehilda has not yet fought anything.  In fact she is scared all the time and when I summoned her while on a job she wasn't wearing Bonehilda...she was some red-haired NPC. And she leaves the house very quickly, by walking down the street.  

I have never used a mod, I have all modules and I have used her in two different games and houses.  My butler was a bit messed up, so I created a brand new game, and she reacts similarly in old and new.  Could it be because of the butler?

Yup she just cowers around; scared out of her mind...

Message 7 of 13 (2,711 Views)

Re: Paranormal Stuff issue (1)

★★★★★ Pro

I think you mean Temperance when you say Angry Spirit. Bonehilda usually takes several minutes to notice that Temperance is present. Bonehilda will fight Temperance and drive her away once she does notice.

You don't need to interact with Temperance. You aren't supposed to give her the Bizarre Idol, just place it somewhere close to her. The Bizarre Idol will start flaming which seems to terrify Temperance and drive her away very quickly.

Message 9 of 13 (2,512 Views)

Re: Paranormal Stuff issue (1)

★★ Novice
@Sketch793 Sorry, I had just finished playing (exited game and everything) and couldn't remember her name for the life of me haha

I have placed the Idol near Temperance and though it did catch on fire, it doesn't appear to have any influence on her.

I have left Bonehilda to do her thing/notice Temperance but nothing is happening.
Message 10 of 13 (2,492 Views)