Birthday Problem of aging sync

by death-flower246

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Birthday Problem of aging sync

★ Apprentice

Hello simmers,

Right now I am having 2 teens in TS4 and they are lovers I want to make them get married whenever they become Young Adults. I am going to organize a party and invite my girl's boyfriend, too. How to make him blow out candles right after my girl? Because if my girl becomes YA, my boyfriend will still be teenager and that will be so silly :D 

The same thing happened when my girl was child and was having a friend and she needed to wait for her to age up to attend her birthday party to see her aging up :D
(In relationships section, she seemed like a little child and I had to celebrate her party with a bunch of children around instead of teen equivalents.)

One more question, if my sim ages up and if I can't manage to age her boyfriend up, will they still be boyfriend/girlfriend or will they turn ex-bf/gf which I am really afraid of Confused

Thank you all

Happy simming for everyone

Message 1 of 4 (2,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Birthday Problem of aging sync

Hero (Retired)

Hi @death-flower246 - If you want them to both age up at the same party, just have each of them blow out candles on a cake. You can choose more than one sim as the birthday sim when you plan the party.

I think the easiest way to do it the way you want to is to bake 2 cakes before the party. Add candles to both of them immediately, so no one will eat the cake. You can put them in the refrigerator with the candles on top and no one will bother the cakes until you tell them.

Then, throw the birthday party - select both sims as the birthday sim. When you're ready, have each blow out the candles on one of the cakes and they will both age up. 

(Just so you know, you don't have to throw a birthday party at all, or even have the birthday sims selected. If a sim blows out the candles on a cake, they will age up, whether there was a party for them or not.)

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,637 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @death-flower246 - If you want them to both age up at the same party, just have each of them blow out candles on a cake. You can choose more than one sim as the birthday sim when you plan the party.

I think the easiest way to do it the way you want to is to bake 2 cakes before the party. Add candles to both of them immediately, so no one will eat the cake. You can put them in the refrigerator with the candles on top and no one will bother the cakes until you tell them.

Then, throw the birthday party - select both sims as the birthday sim. When you're ready, have each blow out the candles on one of the cakes and they will both age up. 

(Just so you know, you don't have to throw a birthday party at all, or even have the birthday sims selected. If a sim blows out the candles on a cake, they will age up, whether there was a party for them or not.)

Message 2 of 4 (2,638 Views)

★ Apprentice
@BlackjackWidow Hello, thank you so much Standard smile I will probably save the relationship of my daughter :D
Message 3 of 4 (2,593 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@death-flower246 you're so welcome, I am sure the relationship will remain. 👍

I realized I never really answered the other part of your question. I just recently had a teen couple where the boy aged up before the girlfriend. They did lose the designation of boyfriend/girlfriend in the relationship panel. As long as one is a teen, you can't use any romance interactions between them. It was a couple of sim-months before the girl aged up. 

I kept the friendship bar filled, and as soon as she became a young adult, it was a quick process to do romantic interactions & ask to be boyfriend again. So it wasn't bad, but the longer they go without the romance, the more likely you'll need to put some effort into rebuilding it.

Happy birthday (and romance!) to your sims! 

Message 4 of 4 (2,574 Views)