Re: Best way to uninstall Eco-Living?

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Best way to uninstall Eco-Living?

★★ Apprentice

So, I can't handle the NAP bugs on my game anymore. Had my Sim spam "Give Fake Bad News" 3 times right after giving birth and took their spouses relationship annoyingly low. As much as I don't want to uninstall a pack I paid 40 dollars for, the auto interactions are about to make me lose my mind. I would just get rid of the only save I used Eco items on, but I really really love the family I'm using, and it's my favorite playthrough I've ever done. I play on Xbox One, and am trying to figure out the best way to get rid of the Eco NAP buffs. I've tried just sending my sims back over to myself from the gallery, but the NAP buffs stay with the sim even on different consoles/gamertags. I assume I can make a backup save file, incase uninstalling ECO and opening the original corrupts the file. Then I can go in and save the original file in a different world with zero ECO items. Reinstall ECO and disable NAP voting before playing anything at all, open the save and re-add the nonrelated ECO items (clothes, etc). And if there is no voting, the buffs should never come into play, right? As if they never existed? Basically I'm trying to figure how 'high-risk' this would be to me losing all my progress/sims and if it would even work. Hella desperate here. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,176 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Hubble122 You can remove DLC by highlighting Sims 4 in your Xbox dashboard and selecting "Manage Game". From there, you can select individual DLCs to uninstall. You can then reinstall the DLCs from this same menu.

I have no idea what this would do to your game. Corruption, possibly. I don't recommend it.

If you have a save from prior to ECO living, I would revert to that and turn off NPC voting in the manage worlds/world selection menu before you even enter the game.

You can try to vote the offending NAPs out of the neighborhood one at a time. Turn off NPC voting in the game menu so that NPCs can no longer vote for anything. No NAPs will be enacted this way unless you vote for them. Without cheats, this takes 4 sim weeks and only covers your active community.

For drastic measures, you can delete all the random game generated townies and then either get new ones from the gallery or wait for the game to make new ones. In the meantime, try not to travel with your sims to lessen the likelihood they pick up buffs from other neighborhoods while you repeal the NAPs.

Message 2 of 5 (1,138 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper I'd gone to each voting board and auto-repealed every NAP before posting and the problem still exists on my sims unfortunately. It really sucks because if I have to switch off of one sim to go to a different family member, their first response is to spam Give Fake Bad News to whoever they have the highest relationship with around them. Even if they're in the middle of doing something, they'll stop to terrorize people with that stupid interaction. If there isn't a way to get rid of the NAP buffs, is there a way to replace it? I'd rather her just have the white cake problem or something not so game damaging. If I vote in new NAPs is it possible the old buffs will be swapped out? Or will she just end up having more problems?
Message 3 of 5 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Hubble122. Trying to see if you and I are related as my real last name is Hubble LOL., I was having the same issues with EL and I was starting to have some serious game glitches too (not being able to go to work with my sim for one) and found a very easy solution. The popular simmer James Turner has a website where you can go and copy a string. The string for EL is -disablepacks:EP09.  Go into Origin and right click on the sims 4 from your game menu. Select Game Properties. From there, at the top, click the Advanced Launch Options tab. In the third space, "Command Line Arguments" enter the above string (copy and paste works) and click save. Now the game pack will still be in your game but it will not launch. I have been playing at peace with the game since last Monday with no problems. I hope everyone having problems does this so Maxis/EA will fix this stupid pack. The concept is awesome but the NAPs are just waay too intrusive. I tried all of what the other poster suggested and nothing fixed it. If it stayed static, I might have been able to live with it but it didn't and it was getting worse and worse.

EDIT. I apologize, I didn't see that you were playing on an Xbox. I play on PC but you still may want to try the above and see if it works.  Their doesn't seem to be a fix for each individual platform so I am hoping the menu to fix the string is present in all.

Message 4 of 5 (1,068 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Hubble122You can vote in the Foodie NAPs and other NAPs you wish to try to replace the old NAP behavior. Each has NAP has its own issues at present. You may want to consider playing a new save with all Voting turned off until hopefully a patch addresses this issue. Please also make sure you have put your voice in this thread [OPEN] [ECO] NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs also check the "me too" button on the first post on the first page of the thread if you have not yet.

Edit: Are these offending sims in the gallery?

Message 5 of 5 (1,035 Views)