Best Laptop For Sims 4 and alot of mods??

by MiniiMonii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Best Laptop For Sims 4 and alot of mods??

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys, I am a simmer that loves CC. I absolutely love going cc shopping. I have about 8k mods and it takes my sims 4 extremely long to load. i'm talking 30 minutes. So i'm currently looking for a new pc that can handle all my mods and still be able to load my game as fast as it should. My game is awfully laggy, and i just wanted suggestions on laptops that work really well with sims 4 and a lot of cc??

Message 1 of 6 (5,511 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Best Laptop For Sims 4 and alot of mods??

Community Manager

@MiniiMonii@jpkarlsen

+1, I think an SSD will make the difference you are hoping for.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (6,971 Views)

All Replies

Gaming laptops usually work pretty well for The Sims 4

Here you can find the requirements for the game: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-system-requirements/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (5,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Notice that the upcoming Cats & Dogs expansion will have higher minimum requirements than the ones @Phantomlover1717 links to.

sims 4 cats and dogs requirements

Look for an Intel I5 or better CPU (or AMD Ryzen) at least 8GB RAM and an SSD drive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (5,479 Views)

Community Manager

@MiniiMonii@jpkarlsen

+1, I think an SSD will make the difference you are hoping for.

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (6,972 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I actually think that would be a great idea. I just did some research on SSD vs HD and i will be purchasing a dell laptop with SSD slots and a extra slot for more ssd
Message 5 of 6 (5,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm surprised you're even able to play the game without constant crashes. The sims 4 hates dual cores cpus and will crash constantly if you try to run the game modded with that, so avoid a dual core setup. After I finally upgraded to a quad core the game stopped crashing, or well, far less than before. The game is very poorly optimized and they really should focus on fixing the time lag, there is a mod that helps it a bit but it broke in 1.3x. What I mean with time lag is that if you play for a long time you might notice that the sims goes to work later than usual. Normally it should trigger on the hour but the worse your game lags(ie the longer you play) the more minutes gets added. For example if your work starts at 8:00 and they get triggered right away, you're fine. However if work starts 8:00 but the sim isn't reacting until 8:20 or something your game is lagging and you can't fix it - the save is literally broke and will get worse the more you play. 

I heard something about moving your family and importing them into a new game but seriously that is not a fix as it is making a new game.

FIX YOUR GAME EA. 

Message 6 of 6 (5,421 Views)