Re: Basic CAS & BB are needed - Overrepresentation of questionable items

by Sthenastia

Original Post

Basic CAS & BB are needed - Overrepresentation of questionable items

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The Sims 4 has a lot of items in general, but even if I have full collection I always feet that it it really hard or even impossible to create a regural sim or regural house. Furnitures have weird swatches and sometimes a lot of clutters on them and due to that in the most of buildings they are unusable. I have similar experience with CAS. There is not a simple high waisted skirt for example, but we have tones of highly textured options. Can we please return to the baisics and have more simple things for BB and CAS but with the more swatches? I think that a lot of exisiting items have a lot of potential, but requires a couple of adjustments. For example the couch from Paranormal SP can have the clutter removed. This simple change can really improve this object which is beautiful.

Examples of good basic thigs:

Sims 4 — Couldn't Chair Less Sectional Set by RAVASHEEN — Fully customizable, modern sectional to fit any simmer's space.

Sims 4 — Cropped T-shirt Maxis Match by SillySimmerAf — Cropped T-Shirt All LOD'S 35 Swatches Custom CAS Thumbnail

Sims 4 Silk V neck Jumpsuit LIYA by starlord at TSR

[CM Edit: Links removed]

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

@Sthenastia

There's also a case for wanting more cushions and throws on sofas because they are otherwise plain which some find boring Standard smile

Personally I would like plain sofas and chairs with masses of clutter items to be able to decorate them with which wouldn't interfere with sims sitting/lying on them.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (242 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Bluebellflora I think a good way with sofas is add 2 swatches of all of the swatches, 1 with pillows (and maybe blankets) 1 plain
Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

★ Guide

I wish we had two variants of cluttered items. One plain and one with the additional things. Something like this:

Message 4 of 4 (216 Views)