Re: Banned from the forums :(

by simkonfetti

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned from the forums :(

★ Apprentice

Hi everyone

I was banned from the forums this afternoon. I don't understand why. I didn't mean to insult anyone and English isn't my first language. I am sorry if something sounded too rude (I was criticising the new pack and for TS4 to cater to hipster people).

Who do I contact? There was no warning whatsoever. I don't understand .There was this other person discriminating LGBT people and I asked them not to (didn't call them any names or something, I just asked them not to do that in a friendly way). This person wasn't banned, but I was. Frown I don't understand. Frown 

Am I banned like forever? Can I be un-banned? I can't sign in anymore, so I can't contact any of the EA-accounts... Frown

What do I do?

Thanks everyone for reading xx

Message 1 of 5 (581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@simkonfetti 

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (561 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@simkonfetti 

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (562 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi

Thank you Frown I just don't understand. I must have sounded rude or something, I don't know.

I don't get it why there hasn't been any warning. I don't feel what I wrote was so bad that I should have been banned without warning. I even tried to make clear that I wasn't trying to hate on anybody. Frown

I hope I can come back soon. I am so sad.

Message 3 of 5 (556 Views)

★★★ Guide

@simkonfetti 

Humans evolved to read facial expressions, so it’s surprisingly easy to miscommunicate in text-only format. I’ve so been there! (One person actually decided never to speak to me again after an email I wrote that I thought was funny.) I always go back and figure out what caused the miscommunication and how I could have said it better. That way I try to learn and not repeat. And I always try to apologize directly, even though I had no bad intent. I’m not trying to tell you what you should do, either. I already forgive (even though I’m prob a hipster lol). I’m just trying to say I understand, I totally hate it when that happens, and share my personal approach to resolution (in case it helps you).

Cheers.
🙃

Message 4 of 5 (518 Views)

★ Apprentice

@suzushka 

Thank you for your very kind reply. Standard smile

Yes, I must have come across as rude, even though I really didn't mean to. I just checked my email and I learned that I am only banned for 24 hours. My post must have seemed discriminating and hurt some people. For that I am sorry. I will apologize as soon as I can participate again.

Still, I don't quite understand how the person who discriminated LGBT people wasn't banned, but well. I can live with 24 hours and of course, I did not mean to hurt anyone.

Message 5 of 5 (495 Views)