Babies delivered by the player controlled doctors.

by paulius0937

Original Post

Babies delivered by the player controlled doctors.

★ Apprentice

Hello, so I have been playing with the doctor career recently and I was very curious about delivering a baby task.

My sim reached level 8 of the doctor career and got a task to deliver a baby. And I was lucky because I got to do that on a second day of work. A pregnant sim, default Get Together townie Jade Rosa arrived, had her baby delivered, however, when I checked her household, I saw that a baby that she had doesn't even exist. A few days later another default sim, Eva, who lives in the same household as Jade, arrived and had her baby. I went to check if she has her son, and I noticed that she has her patient outfit and a moodlet about a her child being born, however her child doesn't actually exist as well.

So what I noticed is that when a doctor gets a task to deliver a baby, the game just automatically impregnates a random townie and culls the baby after it has been delivered. Is this supposed to work like that? If you know about coding, could you tell me why does the baby have to be culled, and can't just be kept in the game to live in?

Message 1 of 2 (326 Views)

Re: Babies delivered by the player controlled doctors.

This seems to be how it works indeed. I'm not sure why they chose to do it this way. 

However there might just be a mod out there that makes delivering babies useful again?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (282 Views)