Re: Plasma Fruit Salad Bug ?

Hero

Hi @LadyDarkSorrow

merged your thread.

It's by design

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 39 (1,984 Views)

Re: Plasma Fruit Salad Bug ?

★★★★★ Guide

ah okay..thanks Crinrict

Message 12 of 39 (1,969 Views)

[XB] Withered Stomach bug?

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition Upgrade, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Withered Stomach weakness, make plasma fruit salad, eat it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampire becomes uncomfortably sick.
What do you expect to see? Not entirely sure if this is a bug, as I wouldn't consider it to be "normal human food" and more of a delicacy. If it is a bug, I'd hope he'd be able to eat it without being sick.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If this is normal, I apologize. Couldn't find solid info elsewhere. It states in the weakness that [Sim Name] vomits when eating human food and it seems weird that a vampire dish is considered "human". Eating plasma fruit or drinking a plasma pack doesn't create the same effect and the Sim has no problem with eating/drinking those.
Message 13 of 39 (1,792 Views)

Re: [XB] Withered Stomach bug?

Hero

Hi @KCrayog

I merged your post with the PC issue. This was deemed as by design by the devs-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 39 (1,768 Views)

Vampire throws up cooked plasma fruit with withered stomach weakness

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Life, Get Together, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a Vampire with the withered stomach weakness and try to cook any plasma fruit recipe and eat it
What happens when the bug occurs? The Vampire sim throws up and has a very uncomfortable emotion
What do you expect to see? Only recipes with plasma fruit should be allowed with the withered stomach weakness. Unless it was designed that way intentionally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Given how little plasma fruit itself quenches thirst it should be allowed for even vampires with withered stomachs to consume cooked plasma fruit. This will also allow them to go to restaurants that serve plasma fruit foods.

Message 15 of 39 (1,740 Views)

Re: Vampire throws up cooked plasma fruit with withered stomach weakness

Hero

@Broceratops1

merged your post. This is by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 39 (1,722 Views)

Vampires become nauseated when eating vampire food?

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Get to Work, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire character with "withered stomach" weakness try eat a plasma fruit salad
What happens when the bug occurs? I had to take on "withered stomach" as a vampire and eating the plasma fruit salad also gives me the nauseated mood.
What do you expect to see? Eating the plasma fruit salad as a vampire shouldn't give the nauseated moodlet. (Quality was "excellent" when it happened)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had to take on "withered stomach" as a vampire and eating the plasma fruit salad also gives me the nauseated mood. I thought it applied to normal food only.

Message 17 of 39 (1,629 Views)

Re: Vampires become nauseated when eating vampire food?

Hero

@PrimalTreeman Merged your post with existing thread.

This is by design

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 39 (1,622 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Im sorry but Ninja is wrong. Just because it's by design, doesn't make it right.

People are reporting it as a bug because it simply doesn't make sense. You can even look at the texture and see there's nothing but chopped up plasmas with spooky garnishes. Kind of looks like the plants growing in vamp neighbourhood.

A bug made on purpose is still a bug, my friends.
Message 19 of 39 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@KatastrophicSim  While I agree with you that it stinks and I try to avoid giving my vampires withered stomach because it stinks, I think this is unlikely to be marked as a bug.

Technically, a bug is code that behaves in an unexpected manner. They're saying they intentionally coded it this way, so it's behaving as expected.

You'd be more likely to get traction complaining about it in the feedback forum (as “poor design choice”).

Message 20 of 39 (833 Views)