Re: Vampires become nauseated when eating vampire food?

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Champion

@KatastrophicSim , sorry but I agree with @xochiquetzl_xkvn in that it is just a really bad choice the developers made😓 , but since it is working in the game the way they intended it to work, it therefore can't be a bug! 

But I do agree with you in that it doesn't make sense! 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 39 (1,275 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KatastrophicSim My Vampire can eat Plasma Fruit Salad without a problem...
Did you happen to choose the weakness "Withered Stomach"? Because if so then it depends on that choice.
Message 22 of 39 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Any feature can be reported as a bug and treated as such though, it is up to the producer/developer of the game to say what they intend not to change, and for now.
But the linked thread is on a different forum, and EA QA Sims Team have their own way of reporting bugs that are not the same as AHQ section for Bug Reporting for The Sims 4, which is player managed. So the 'issue' can still be reported as a 'bug', though I agree that Feedback section is a better choice for this one. Perhaps the Sims Forum would be the better choice for that, since that is where the SimGurus posted.

Message 23 of 39 (1,243 Views)

★ Guide
@DonroaAkashu True.

But I mean just look at this:
"Plasma Fruit Salad can be used to satisfy thirst. Although it takes longer to eat, it can provide the Delicious Vampire Dish! moodlet""

It provides a delicious VAMPIRE moodlet. That means its for VAMPIRES.
Then you have this:
"Putting on the appearance of a normal Sim will be less practical, as (Sim Name) will become nauseous and vomit from eating normal food."

It's self admitted in the game to be VAMPIRE food, and the withered stomach stops you from eating NORMAL food. On top of that if humans eat plasma fruit, even if its in the salad, THEY GET SICK.
Dear game, if it counts as normal food, why can normal humans not eat it?

It really screams as if two people made the code in separate worlds and mashed it together without asking each other and released it without anyone checking. When they say "nah, its intentional" that is a bald faced LIE because they don't want to admit fault or do extra work. There is too much evidence in the game that proves it is not intentional at all and is just a side effect of EA hiring tiny teams, not bothering to put any effort into their famous IPs because no matter what they do they're going to make a lot of money.
Message 24 of 39 (1,222 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I don't have Vampires pack so I don't know the specifics, I just think it is odd that a 'bug report' can be closed based on a quote on a different forum. But as said, since the bug forum on AHQ is not the actual bug list for the game, since that is in the hands of the EA personnel and not public, you can still report it as a bug to them, by sending them a message on twitter for example. Posting in the linked thread in the solution-post is an idea as well.

https://twitter.com/simgurunick

Message 25 of 39 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

So now that this is discussion/feedback rather than bug report...

In my opinion, plasma fruit salad is not a human food. I’ve had mixed households where the 50% Vampire contingent made a big batch and the mermaid ate it autonomously (which is a whole other thing) and got very sick. I’ve also had humans drink the vampire’s fizzy plasma or Plasma Jane and get sick. Plasma fruit isn’t a "normal" human food and is bad for humans!

I do understand that the devs wanted real consequences to choosing weaknesses for a high level vampire, as a “cost” for the powers they get, and that’s cool! The part people are quibbling about is the description text of, for example, “Lilith now vomits eating human food.” Plasma fruit is not a human food. Changing the text to “solid food” might be a better description. As it is now, the first time I said to myself, “Hey, she doesn’t eat human food anyway! I’ll take that!” and then she threw up her plasma fruit salad, I felt like the weakness description scammed me.

Message 26 of 39 (1,180 Views)

EA Watch

Hi All, 

As previously confirmed by SimsGuruNick, this is working as intended, and not a bug. A bug is defined as: an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

Considering that the developers intended the Plasma Fruit Salad to work as it is in terms of being able to be eaten by Human and Vampires, it is not a bug.

Needless to say, many of you disagree with this design decision, which you're more than welcome to. Its good feedback for us to gather and be aware of for future design decision that will be made within the Sims universe. No bug report is needed for this, as it is not a bug.

If you find a bug with another area of the game, we invite you to report it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Arcadia

Message 27 of 39 (1,150 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Thank you, bug reports being closed down need official confirmation.

Message 28 of 39 (1,142 Views)

EA Watch

@DonroaAkashu 

The bug report forum is not being shut down as far as I am aware.

If you are talking about individual bug reports within the boards being closed, our Heroes and Champions are informed of bug report status's from the Development team to assist with keeping the board relevant and useful. If you have a further concern on this, please DM me. 

Message 29 of 39 (1,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Thanks, @EA_Arcadia !

Do you think it would be worth opening a new report that's simply "misleading description of vampire weakness," since my main quibble is that the weakness description says "human food" or "normal food" when I think it should say "solid food" if it includes plasma fruit (which isn't a human food)?  That's honestly my main complaint. 

Message 30 of 39 (1,125 Views)