Re: Remove/Dismiss Whim missing

by Thats_Me_Madz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] The "x" does not appear in the wishes of the sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Game without mods. The (x) does not appear to me to cancel the whims that I do not want to fulfill in my game. is it normal? 

I'm talking about this little x:

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-07 at 5.19.34 PM.jpeg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (5,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to cancel whims?

Hero
@BuriedStar This is design. You can't cancel wants. Wants are re-rolled when you sleep and you can also use a potion.

Wants replaced whims with the last full patch.

For the non-working toggle, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/td-p/1169202...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 21 (5,508 Views)

All Replies

Re: The "x" does not appear in the wishes of the sim. Game without mod

Hero
@Angieloversims Wants and Fears don't have an X.

To change them you either need to sleep or use a potion (or do them)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (5,215 Views)

Unable to cancel whims?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them including High school
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure, it happens every time I play since High School came out.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to cancel different whims for my sims. So if I want to cancel one (such as I am not building a dang swimming pool in the winter VLAD), there is no X option to cancel it out.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the X button to cancel the whims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening as soon as I installed the high school expansion. The latest patch/delivery did not fix it either.

I tried turning whims off saving settings, exiting the game, reloading, turning whims on, exiting the game, reloading, creating a new family, trying every single world, tried at least a couple lots in each world both commercial and residential, nothing seems to fix the issue. I had mod's originally (mainly just to add more icons for holidays) but I not only deleted them but I also restored my game files (aka uninstalled and reinstalled).

Unable to Cancel Whims.png

Message 3 of 21 (5,548 Views)

Hero
@BuriedStar This is design. You can't cancel wants. Wants are re-rolled when you sleep and you can also use a potion.

Wants replaced whims with the last full patch.

For the non-working toggle, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/td-p/1169202...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (5,509 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh! Okay! Thank you so much. I must’ve missed that in the patch notes somewhere. I am able to still pin them so at least there is that. 

Now I know! Thanks again and have a good one! 

Message 5 of 21 (5,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! This was bugging me too. I wish they would bring the x's back--some of these "wants" are really annoying.

Message 6 of 21 (5,347 Views)

★★ Novice

Now that I know it’s not a bug I think it’s an interesting new challenge to meet! 

Message 7 of 21 (5,335 Views)

Remove/Dismiss Whim missing

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the whims can't be removed/dismissed anymore, the "x" button is missing, you can only "pin" them as an option.
What happens when the bug occurs? -
What do you expect to see? I expect all buttons to be shown, as before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest update/patch

the whims can't be removed/dismissed anymore, the "x" button is missing, you can only "pin" them as an option (see screenshot).

Message 8 of 21 (5,217 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@LuluTheCuteSim I am playing the game in German language, excuse me
Message 9 of 21 (5,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@LuluTheCuteSimmy understanding is that they changed the whims system to become a wants/fears system - whims have now become "wants". and it is by design that there is no 'x' button

"Are you ready to tackle your Sim’s Wants & Fears? This base game update replaces whims and includes a large selection of Wants that your Sims will want to achieve or Fears they want to overcome. This feature is on by default and you can toggle them off in the “Gameplay” options menu." - Update 07/26/2022 (ea.com)

Edit: link added

Message 10 of 21 (5,158 Views)