by Tkilroy36

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Paintings/Photos incorrectly tagged as CC

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi yes, the screenshot attached is with photos
Message 11 of 60 (1,712 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Paintings/Photos incorrectly tagged as CC

Hero
I can duplicate this for paintings but not photos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 60 (1,688 Views)

Photos taken by sims marked as custom content

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug occurs when uploading a room to the gallery that has photos or paintings made by sims in. The pictures will make the room flag as modded if the room is a closed box, but won't if the "room" is just a single wall
What happens when the bug occurs? My builds are flagging as modded when there is no custom content or mods installed
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to save photos from the gallery (not marked as modded) to use in my builds and upload without being flagged as modded
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm trying to submit this build for the Spark'd challenge but this bug is preventing me from entering

Message 13 of 60 (1,648 Views)

Saved my lot to My Library and it shows having CC but I’m on console

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Ep04.146
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco and Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t view my saved lot in My Library
What do you expect to see? My saved lot in My Library without saying it has CC
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 14 of 60 (1,637 Views)

Re: Saved my lot to My Library and it shows having CC but I’m on console

★ Guide

Hi, i'm on pc & don't use mods, but had the cc notification appear as well. I had a sim live in a small house as a freelance photographer and painter, most of the walls was filled with all his work he didn't sell, then i had him get married moved to a bigger home, had 2 children, when he died i decided to separate the adult kids now to each house. His son continued his old job filled more walls with his work.

Well, i then decided i didn't to lose it all, i made a backup of my whole sims folder 1st, i evicted sim to just save the lot only then quit & put back my old save, I got the cc symbol, i started deleting different unlockables thinking that could be it, but when i deleted all the paintings&photos the cc went away. i quit, put back my old save, tried again.

i found out it was just the dead sim's photos&paintings, but not the current sim's 1's, i guess since the sim was no longer in the game it registered as if i didn't own those items.

if you have a dead sim's photos&paintings on the wall, like i had, maybe that could b the problem on ps4 as well

Message 15 of 60 (1,620 Views)

Re: Saved my lot to My Library and it shows having CC but I’m on console

Hero
@midtwilightblue Merging this with the existing bug report.

As @Tkilroy36 says, paintings (paint by ref) and photos can flag lots as cc.

Let me know if that's not the cause for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 60 (1,603 Views)

Pics taken by a Sim, Sold on plopsy flagged as CC

★★ Novice

My sim is a style influencer and took some pics with his camera of his backyard. When I put the house on the gallery, it was flagged as cc. I checked what it could be and there are two pics my sim took and sold on plopsy that were flagged and now I'm unable to get rid of the cc. Is there anything I can do to remove the pics that are flagged as cc (I do not remember who bought them) or am I out of luck?

Thank you so much,

~spherearcana

Message 17 of 60 (1,549 Views)

Re: Pics taken by a Sim, Sold on plopsy flagged as CC

Hero
@SphereArcana Merging this with the bug report on pictures flagging lots as cc.

Usually it should only flag as cc if they are actually present on the lot.

Do you have the house in the gallery still ? What's the name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 60 (1,534 Views)

Paintings Incorrectly Tagged as CC

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A new painting by reference on easel.
What happens when the bug occurs? Room with painting is incorrectly tagged as cc.
What do you expect to see? No tagged cc room when is the painting made by standart interaction of "painting by reference". Or possibility to disable auto-detected cc when uploading a room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

I would like to upload my paintings which are original cc using the method - painting by reference. (after tutorial how to make nocc for gallery upload purpose)  but my painting which is made by a sim on easel is still tagged as cc automatically. I tried to paint by reference standard, no cc, picture or just world surrounding, and it worked normal so the room is not tagged as cc. It seems like a bug, because I see in the gallery pictures from simmers are posted as nocc using the same method uploaded in last few days. I also tried to turn off all mods and cc from the game. Of course my new paintings made by sim on easel are left on the lot because they are not cc objects. However when there is a "reflection" of original cc painted picture on it is not possible to upload without auto cc tag.

Message 19 of 60 (1,441 Views)

Re: Paintings Incorrectly Tagged as CC

★ Apprentice

Comment/Question: isn't this just an "as intended" matter instead of a bug?

Considering that the actual image is not supplied by the game (like with the emotional or build mode paintings), but created by the player - it follows that EA/Maxis have no (full) control over the content of the image and as such it falls under "custom(er) content", meaning that EA/Maxis disclaims responsibility for whatever is in the image?
This for legal, "adult content" and bugfixing reasons? (bug example: your photo was taken clipping in another object, causing a distorted image)

Message 20 of 60 (1,314 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help