Buildings wrongly marked as cc on consoles

by CommishLawWonder

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim's Paintings Tagged As Custom Content

★★★★ Apprentice

I just want to upload Picasso! I hope to see some kind of agreement in the future where "from reference" is allowed, and doing anything below board would mean being banned forever. I will try the visit lot thing to take photos of P's paintings. 

Message 31 of 60 (876 Views)

Buildings wrongly marked as cc on consoles

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, plus kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build something, look into gallery, find some paintings/pictures put on wall, and upload to gallery, but make sure you give credit to the simmers with the hastag on their names. That's how I give credit to the talented people.
What happens when the bug occurs? Marked as CC despite it not being CC.
What do you expect to see? See my build in the gallery and not marked a CC. Also to give credit to the other simmers for their works of art.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

8-20-2021_3-21-17_PM-cvichpe3.png

I don't even know why I bother with this.

Message 32 of 60 (864 Views)

Re: Buildings wrongly marked as cc on consoles

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CommishLawWonder Pictures by ref and photos count as cc. That's not a bug.

I merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 60 (822 Views)

Unmodded Lots Are Saving To The Library As If They Are Modded

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Too numerous to mention
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? The wrench icon shows when trying to save an un-modded lot to my library. I have removed the mod folder, yet the problem still persists and the wrench icon will not vanish from the lots thumbnail..
What do you expect to see? For the blue wrench icon to not show on an unmodded lot when saving to the library or uploading to the gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this happened after the 9-8-21 update

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely, yet the problem still persists.  The "Brady Bunch 6.0" has been uploaded to the gallery, but it shows that the lot is modded by displaying the blue wrench icon in the upper left of the lots thumbnail.  The lot will not display in the gallery unless the "show custom content" box is checked while searching. There are no mods being used for this upload, in fact, I removed the mod folder completely, and made sure the scripts and mod boxes are unchecked in the options menu, yet the wrench icon keeps displaying.  I am at a lost to figure out what is going on, or how to fix it.  Not sure if this was caused by the last patch, but I had no issues like this until the 9-8-21 patch was installed.  Please advise.  Thanks

Message 34 of 60 (839 Views)

Re: Unmodded Lots Are Saving To The Library As If They Are Modded

★★★★ Guide
@Nuke615 I think there is a bug if you save your lot to your gallery with cheats and move objects on it will think its a modded lot.
Message 35 of 60 (814 Views)

★★ Guide

I have seen this too. If the cause is BB.moveobjects then how is people still uploading lots to share in the gallery using it and it is not tagged as custom?

Message 36 of 60 (806 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@babuchas01 You upload the lot without the cheats on and all the stuff on and off the lot will be uploaded if its anchored to that lot.
Message 37 of 60 (799 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you I will try doing it that way 😊

Message 38 of 60 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Nuke615 

Since you use mods, there are some mods that have objects in them and if you have any of those mods present in your game when you built the lot, then the lot will show as modded even though you did not use any of those objects.  I have a few that do that.  And some cc will do it too.  Removing your mods and cc after you completed the build will not change it back to show as unmodded.

So, if you want a build that shows as mod free in your Library, then I suggest you do as I do.  I have a separate "The Sims 4" folder with no mods or cc in it that I use for the majority of my building.  Once I'm done building, then I save it to the Library in that tray folder, save and quit the game.  Then I copy those files over to my main save tray folder. The new build will then show as mod free in your Library.  If you place that lot in your modded game and then save it back to your Library unchanged, it will show as modded again.

The same goes for sims created in CAS.  If you have certain mods or cc in the game, the sim will show as modded even if you don't use it on that sim.

Hope this helps.

Message 39 of 60 (790 Views)

★★★ Guide

This just started today...I dont think it has to do with bb.moveobjects

Message 40 of 60 (781 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help