Re: Permanent gloves

by ValiantRedKnight

Original Post

Re: Wearing gloves even in a bathtub

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Moved the topic to general discussions as it's not a bug but working as designed.

/Atic

Message 31 of 42 (603 Views)

Permanent gloves

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Spa Day, Movie Hangout Stuff, Digital Delux Upgrade, Gnome on the Go Digital Content, Holiday Celebration Pack, Legacy Edition, City Living, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff, Cats & Dogs, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? One of my player characters in one of my games is permanently wearing gloves no matter what outfit they wear. When I go into modify household no gloves are shown as part of any of their outfits, but when I'm playing the game the gloves are there.
What do you expect to see? No gloves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If I remember correctly, my character either went snowboarding or rock climbing, and when the clothes switched back to their normal outfit, the gloves worn while doing that activity remained. I have tried switching them to other outfits but the gloves are there no matter how many times I switch the outfit or go try modifying the outfit.

Message 32 of 42 (612 Views)

★★ Guide
@EllieKit16 Can you check to see if your sim has an option to remove the climbing gear?
Message 33 of 42 (598 Views)

★ Novice
@ValiantRedKnight Thanks for the tip! I don't know why I didn't think of that myself.
Message 34 of 42 (592 Views)

Hero
@EllieKit16 I merged your thread with the main thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 42 (555 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [SE] Wearing gloves even in a bathtub

★★ Guide
@Emerald_Lubka I am hoping someone is still looking at this because I have the gear stuck and it isn't showing up in my inventory so I would love some ideas how to get rid of them. Only have MCCC installed.
Message 36 of 42 (364 Views)

Random accessories stuck on every outfit

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't remove randomly generated accessories
What do you expect to see? No random accessories
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. GT update

Since the infants patch and Get Together EP one of my sims has had a pair of gloves and slippers stuck on. They don't appear in CAS so I can't take them off. Have tried with and without mods. 

Message 37 of 42 (383 Views)

Re: Random accessories stuck on every outfit

Hero
@katastrophe86 That looks like the climbing gear. Did you equip that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 42 (378 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah, perhaps! I'll double check. Thanks! 

Message 39 of 42 (360 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am dumb. That's exactly the problem! Thanks! I copied this family between saves because of an unrelated glitch, so he didn't have the equipment in his inventory. Rebuying, equipping and then removing did the trick 

Message 40 of 42 (335 Views)