Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [SE] [DO] Using the Kotatsu tables in a resturant

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discovory University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Niffty Knitting, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangeout, Spookie, Cool Kitchen, Perfict Pattio, and Luxury Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have purchached the lot 5-1-1 Kiyomatsu in Yukimatsu. and turned it into a resturant. To see this particular bug just open the resurant and wait and see if you host sits any one at the kotatsu tables either the four or six seaters as I'm going for a traditional Japanese feeling resturant these are the seats I's like to use.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing...absolutly noting....sadly your host will never sit anyone at these tables
What do you expect to see? these tables being used like any others hopefully
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

‌Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Using the Kotatsu tables in a resturant

EA Staff

Hello @toramonger ,

I've heard that this is by design. The kotatsu table do not support restaurants.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,698 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @toramonger ,

I've heard that this is by design. The kotatsu table do not support restaurants.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 7 (1,699 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ah well thats a shame I would have loved to have been able to use it, but at least its nice to know its not broken thanks for letting me know!

Message 3 of 7 (1,658 Views)

Dine Out Pack Does Not See Low Tables As Useable Seating for Customers

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try adding a Low Table to a restaurant that you are building per the 'Dine Out' pack's requirements for the lot type/restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just did an experiment, and I removed all of the dining tables and dining chairs for one of my restaurants until it registered as "0" in the seating requirement. Then I added an Asian style dining table (low table) - which comes by default with seating for four (see first screenshot). The game did not acknowledge these four places to sit and dine as seating for the restaurant. It looks like it's because you don't use chairs for low tables. I say this because I then tried to add a different dining table and as soon as I added a couple of dining chairs to the table the restaurant saw those as seating. However, if I placed two more dining chairs near the table but not snapped into place at the table, the game did not see those as seating for the restaurant. (See second screenshot.)
What do you expect to see? I expect the Asian style dining table (low table) - which comes by default with seating for four - to be seen as four seats that are useable to customers when I place this table in my game to make a restaurant when I own the 'Dine Out' pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.43.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.44.54 PM.png

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 7 (1,216 Views)

Re: Dine Our Pack Does Not See Low Tables As Useable Seating for Customers

Hero
@SheriGR This is by design. I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,180 Views)

★★ Novice

Why? Why is this by design? If this is an intentional choice than I have nothing good to say about it.

Message 6 of 7 (762 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [SE] [DO] Using the Kotatsu tables in a resturant

★★ Novice

Please update dine out to support kotatsu tables.

Message 7 of 7 (565 Views)