by Aesthetixtect

Original Post

[BY DESIGN] More Views Videostation vs. More Choices Video Station

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack except My first pet stuff pack and Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in build and buy mode and then look up at electronics and find the 2 video stations.
What happens when the bug occurs? You have 2 video stations.
What do you expect to see? Only one video station.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

I have discovered a weird problem in The Sims 4, there are 2 video stations in the build and buy catalogue. One is called the More choices video station and the other is called More views video station they both have different prices the More views is a bit more expensive and they both have a different description but when I place the More views video station it changes to the Moire choices video station in the catalogue they both look the same and when I place the More choices video station the name is then still More choices video station. When I am in the menu and click on the Get famous icon it shows by build and buy objects only 1 video station. I don't really know if this is a bug but it is weird. I hope someone can help me with this.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 40 (28,283 Views)

Re: Sims 4 two video stations

★★★ Guide
I think it may be just because one has a chair included and the other doesn't. There's multiple duplicate objects that have other required objects included in the price.
Message 2 of 40 (28,189 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
One comes with a chair, the other one doesn't. That's about it, like llama tables or bubble sets.
Message 3 of 40 (28,179 Views)

Hero

Hi @Aesthetixtect 

I moved your post to game info because of the info given by @SproutLee  and @ArchXDiablo 

Can you confirm that you have a chair on one of those items and not on the other ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 40 (28,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, sorry I thought this was a bug I never noticed this before. (I think I didn't notice it because the same chair that comes with the second one had I already placed)

Message 5 of 40 (28,156 Views)

★★ Novice

This is a bug.  The drones only upload to the more viewing video station, but when I buy the more viewing video station it turns into the more choices video station.  EA needs to fix this.

Message 6 of 40 (28,093 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this bug aswell, more views video station turns into more choices video station.

Message 7 of 40 (27,897 Views)

Hero
It's not a bug. They have different names in Buy/build but it's the same station. One with a chair, one without.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 40 (27,883 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict One of my sim's task was to upload a video using the "More Views" video station. My sim made three videos and was unable to upload any of them. When checking the video station with the chair, it stated "more choices" and I was unable to upload the video.
Message 9 of 40 (26,252 Views)

★★ Guide
Never mind. Apparently you have to open the More choices inventory, click on a video and then upload it. Duh!!!!
Message 10 of 40 (26,245 Views)