Re: Video Station Glitch - Cannot Get More View Station

by KJsPlace9653

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hi tkilroy36, 

Hey no need to apologise! I know mods can cause issues and such so I wanted to be sure it wasn’t an issue from my mods or anything, exhaust my options so to speak, so I could clear those out as possible causes. 

Thank you for your reply and explanation, I can fully see where you’re coming from, and that would make a lot sense. Classic market ploy even in the sims, make it sound better and fancier and people pay more haha 

My confusion comes from, and I likely didn’t explain it that well in my post lol, when I place both items (more choice and more views) on the lot; if I then use the eyedropper tool (completely forget its name, the one where can select an item to put same thing elsewhere on the lot or can see what an item is called) on the one that was the More Views station.... it comes up with the name ‘More Choices’ instead of ‘More Views’. 

I’m not sure if this is just a glitch and it is actually the More Views station, it’s just showing as More Choices....  It doesn’t impede my game okay thankfully, but I just found it odd and something wanted to see if it was just me or someone else had it or if there was actually a way to resolve it. X3 

-Kei

Message 31 of 40 (1,315 Views)

★ Guide

After reading your response i loaded my game,i played sims4 since release date, bought every pack upon release, but didn't buy tiny living and ecolife, don't have any cc or mods, never used eyedropper on that item. So i loaded judith ward house, i also noticed with new patch, more choices station has power consumption 3, but more views didn't. Placed more views,it converted & consumption appeared,used eyedropper,you'll notice it'll give you more choices version cause chair is separate highlight with eyedropper,sold chair,it's $60 for chair,grabbed station,now selling price is the same as more choices. so it is an ea ploy.

Side note: I dealt talking with ea tech support back in aug 2019,after a release of a patch,worst experience ever, i would get an error message when a holiday on the seasons calendar would disappear on the day it was to appear,the message literally was "EA either removed or renamed coding, items deleted" i told them and 1st time they insisted to unstall all and dl legacy edition cause i was using win8 and new files are in there. big mistake made my game worse although legacy had new files,the disk version had older files keeping game stable, and the error was still there.

Contacted again, for 3 weeks of them giving me the usual lines, delete origin,delete sims, install all again, repair,download revo uninstaller and delete all again and reinstall,still wasn't working plus getting new random glitches that would force me to quit without saving. 2 months later EA releases a patch saying holiday coding is fixed...pure morons

Sorry for the rant,just wanted to let you know what we have to put up with this company

When ea says a new pack has 60+ new items and all new features, it just means same items multiple ways and same socials,traits renamed,look at every voting nap plan in ecolife, all are actions we already had in game renamed,nothing new and forced upon us to happen every week,or you can turn it off, EA doesn't care they have your money. Which is why i stopped buying at DU pack.

I don't trust EA as much as i would trust my cat to bring me the morning newspaper.

Message 32 of 40 (1,283 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for doing all of that just to see if you had it as well. So it’s just EA playing up and laughing at the prices, and at our confusion no doubt... good to know it’s nothing else and nothing I should be stressing over. Imma just ignore it and treat it as the station I picked not what it’s telling me it is X”D

Geez! Sounds like you’ve had a hella lot of hassle with EA over the years... sorry you had to go through all that... no apologies needed for the rant, you were well deserving of that rant even if it happened awhile ago, can tell it was hella frustrating! Did it at least get sorted out at least finally?? 

I knew there was issues with EA from people I watch on YouTube and friends who have played Sims for ages.... but seeing it for myself now and it’s just as ridiculous as people have said.... 😓 

Message 33 of 40 (1,265 Views)

Hero
@KJsPlace9653 This causes lots of confusion.

I've merged your post with the existing thread we have on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 40 (1,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictIs there a way to mute a thread? It is kinda annoying getting notifcations from a thread that was solved a long time ago.

Message 35 of 40 (1,221 Views)

Hero
@Aesthetixtect If you click on the three dots, there should be am option to unsubscribe from this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 40 (1,191 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It does indeed, thanks for the merge, Crin 😊 I didn’t even know there was another post like this cause when I searched nothing similar came up. So thanks! 

Message 37 of 40 (1,175 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks Standard smile
Message 38 of 40 (1,150 Views)

Re: Sims 4 two video stations

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict you don’t get it
Message 39 of 40 (770 Views)

Re: Sims 4 two video stations

Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

Since this thread has been inactive for a while I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. If you need some help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread, and we can take a look. 

Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 40 of 40 (745 Views)