Video Station Glitch - Cannot Get More View Station

by KJsPlace9653

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 two video stations

★★★ Novice

complete understand that one just has a chair , one doesnt... but if i put down both options they are both called "choices station " with or without the chair and im unable to upload drone footage to either! its really efecting doing the social media carear path

Message 21 of 40 (1,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Mazykins Do you have any pictures where it actually is called that name ? This report I merged your thread into is from when the pack came out. Same complaint.

If you're having issues fulfilling the task, then you have a different problem. I agree that the naming unfortunate but I have no issues uploading videos and fulfilling tasks even it it's called differently.

How are you uploading the footage ?

What jobs do you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 40 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF72A6KYKxo  - this gives a really clear view of people having the glitch and is exactly what im experiencing! as you can see everytime she places the station its name changes.  I also attached an image to my original post i believe but it wasnt too clear so this video shows it best.

and if i click on the drone and click "upload footage to more views station " the action it just disappearing , even though ive now place like 5 stations in his house. its happening throughout my game now so im going to log on and try with another sim in another house and see if the same results occur :\ 

well since i cant upload my drone footage and views station nolonger exists in my game i cannot do the jobs for my sim on social media such as "upload neighbour hood footage to the more views station "

ive been playing the pack for a couple of months now but only in the last week and a half ive had this glitch

Standard smile thanks very much for trying to help

Message 23 of 40 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok well i still do have the station glitch ! but i can live with that , Ive no idea why when that glitch happened my sim then refused to upload videos , as ive now moved him out with his drone and station and he will now indeed forfill the action ! dont really understand as there house is pretty open place so he wasnt stuck on something , so dont know what happened there but it seems to have sorted its self out now ive moved the stuff. 

sorry everyone , dont mind my sim just glitching out but hes decided hes now going to cooperate haha ( how embarrasssing , damn sim)

yeah i dont mind now if its just the names glitching Standard smile 

Message 24 of 40 (1,889 Views)

More view video station glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cat & dog, city living, dine out, discover university, get famous, Luxury party stuff, seasons, vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You need the get famous pack to do this, used the more choice video station or the more view station.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once placing the more view station it automatically changes into more choice station. There even a video of someone else experiencing this issue.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the more view station but I don’t at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://youtu.be/dF72A6KYKxo  Is YouTube link explaining exactly the same issue I’m experiencing for the past 7 months 

Message 25 of 40 (1,820 Views)

Re: More view video station glitch

Hero
@onlysm0ky The only difference between the two is that one has chairs, the other doesn't. They just named it differently in the build menu.

It's the same was for other items that have chairs and no chairs variants.

I merged this with the main thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 40 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@onlysm0ky That’s not the issue I’m having, did you watch the video on YouTube, I know the difference
Message 27 of 40 (1,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Once you place the station it automatically turns into a more choice the more view station doesn’t exist when I try to upload it 

Message 28 of 40 (1,750 Views)

Video Station Glitch - Cannot Get More View Station

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, hoping someone can explain this one for me! 

The Issue: Whenever I go into build mode and select the More Views Video Station, once it's placed it shows up as the More Choices station instead. I cannot place the More Views station cause moment it's placed, it's suddenly the More Choices even though the cost deducted is the More Views amount... Hope that makes sense!

What I've tried: I've removed all mods to see if that was the cause but it does this no matter if I have mods, no mods, all my packs installed, just Get Famous pack and Base Game installed, using cheats, no cheats, Removing all my save save/tray files to practically put the game back to new, Uninstall and reinstalling etc. Nothing makes it work like it should...and this is the only item I have this issue with.

So basically.... I cannot think of any reason why it would be doing this and I've tried everyghing I can think of to get it to work...  I just cannot get the More Views Video Station to place on any lot. More Choices I can get but if I want the More Views, it just doesn't work. Is anyone else having this issue or know how to work around it to get the More Views video station??

Appreciate any help! Thanks in advance. Standard smile 

Message 29 of 40 (1,816 Views)

Re: Video Station Glitch - Cannot Get More View Station

★ Guide

Sorry you had to go thru all that trouble of removing mods and reinstalling, but they are the same item, the higher priced 1 has a chair attached to it,that's all, the other doesn't.

Its an ea con job of pretending they are giving you more items for your buck. Like the vet table in cats and dog pack, both exactly the same items, but the lower priced is uncomfortable. there are a few others that are that way,exact item with exact colors different prices,or items like the dishwashers,3 different designs,all different higher prices.yet all same reliability of 5,not worth spending more for poor sim household. but ea believes you are getting more items.

Message 30 of 40 (1,777 Views)