Re: Sims 4 two video stations

by Aesthetixtect

Original Post

Video station

★★★ Newbie

More views video station changes to more choices video station after purchasing. 

Someone has already posted about this but I'm still having the problem:

"I have discovered a weird problem in The Sims 4, there are 2 video stations in the build and buy catalogue. One is called the More choices video station and the other is called More views video station they both have different prices the More views is a bit more expensive and they both have a different description but when I place the More views video station it changes to the Moire choices video station in the catalogue they both look the same and when I place the More choices video station the name is then still More choices video station. When I am in the menu and click on the Get famous icon it shows by build and buy objects only 1 video station. I don't really know if this is a bug but it is weird. I hope someone can help me with this."

Message 11 of 40 (1,789 Views)

Re: Video station

Hero
@nugget483 The only difference between the two is that one has a chair and the other doesn't.

They are the same video station.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 40 (1,775 Views)

Bug with the two video stations from get famous sims 4

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, City living , tiny living stuff, moschino, outdoor retreat, holiday stuff (only just downloaded the holiday stuff pack so could be related to this bug as only just started)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? only occurred after i moved my sim into a a house on the get famous hills. when placing a more views video station the bug will appear in build mode description or in its use in live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? when i place a more view video station, once place in world it then claims to be a "more choices station" even though i made sure and it still has the distinctive chair that the choices station doesnt. Ive attemped placing both types and yes they both appear as the more choice video station even though they are clearly the two different types. I also then affects the sims using it as they cannot complete jobs or use the drone footage. this is really affecting my game play as they do social media.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see that if i place a more views station that it stays as this object. instead it claims to be a choices station which isnt what i need for my sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

ive included a pic sorry its not tht clear

Message 13 of 40 (2,029 Views)

Re: Bug with the two video stations from get famous sims 4

Hero
@Mazykins It's the same video station. There is only one. The only difference between the two is that one comes with a chair already and the other without.

You do need to place a chair. If you don't, it doesn't work. Guess they made a choice without chair so you can put a different chair if you choose to do so.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 40 (1,988 Views)

★★ Novice

No, it IS a bug -- I hovered over the More Views station, verified that it was the correct one, clicked on it and placed it, then verified that it is now CHANGED to the More Choices station (by name only -- it still has the chair). Sold it immediately and got back the 1635 that I paid for the More Views station. This is absolutely a bug. I'm trying to upload drone footage as well, and it won't work even though I have the one with the chair.

Message 15 of 40 (2,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sycoticatalyst
More Views Video Station = More Choices Video station with a chair. Look at them, they are exactly the same. They needed two names for the different items in build mode.

It wasn't probably the wisest choice with the naming cause it seems to cause a lot of confusing.

The maybe should have put More Choices Video station instead of More Views in the interaction, so it's less confusing

If you have issues actually uploading the footage, than something else is going on in your game. What exactly happens when you click on the interaction to upload the video ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 40 (2,045 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Aesthetixtect One has a chair the other doesn't
Message 17 of 40 (2,019 Views)

★ Guide
@Cyclone_Sims This is an old post and it has already been solved. But still thank you for your answer Standard smile
Message 18 of 40 (1,982 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi thank you for your response , however it must be a problem because even if they are the "same station" this is a new change to my game , i am unable to place one and have it say it is a views station , when a couple weeks ago i could. i physically cannot place a station and have it be a "more views station " and unfortunately many of the jobs ask you specifically to use the more views station and unfortunately even though ive place one , isnt called that.

My problem im having with his work is i needed to record drone footage, and when i click on the drone and select "transfer to more views station " the action just disappears , he will not do it. seemingly because its now calling itself a more choices station Standard smile really hope someone can help with this. i see that question had been asked before with responses but none seemed to have any resolution

Standard smile thanks so much 

Mazykins

Message 19 of 40 (1,928 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes  sycoticatalyst,

this is the exact same problem i am having but noone else seems to think theres a problem with the names, but is effecting gameplay, if it just wanted to be called choices station i wouldnt care but they have slightly different functions in terms of the drone and jobs that asked for a specific station Frown 

Message 20 of 40 (1,925 Views)