Re: [UNSURE/A] [LDSP] Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

by Saihyou

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Why would wearing laundry that’s warm make you playful anyway. 

Message 21 of 27 (591 Views)

★ Guide

The fact the playful buff from it is weak doesn't really have anything to do with it if you keep a happy sim. It's asinine that a Sim is in mortal peril from being well taken care of with warm laundry. Tuning it down won't help at all because it's still an emotional state that can lead to death. Why not just make it a happiness moodlet? I feel happy when laundry is toasty. I don't start pranking people or laughing myself to asphyxiation when I wear warm laundry. Maybe I should be happy that wet laundry results in tension instead of anger when an appliance breaks so there's not two ways to die from laundry!

Message 22 of 27 (553 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, so here it is February of 2022. I am sick to death (ar ar) of my sims tipping from happy into ABOUT TO DIE because someone put the laundry away. Maybe this was toned down in the past, but clearly not enough, and even so, it's BACK. I'm in some big Facebook sims groups and I see people posting daily about losing their sims to Hysteria just because they got married or took a bath. It's too much.

Just recently, I've had to constantly save my sims from Hysteria from just living their lives normally. I have zero playful objects in their houses, I NEVER allow them to take bubble baths or eat gummy bear pancakes or god forbid, tell a joke or watch comedy. BECAUSE IT'S FATAL.
But now the damned laundry is doing it to them. STAHP. PLEASE. For the love of all that's holy, it's TOO MUCH. Dial this down. A LOT. Please, I'm begging. On behalf of all the confused simmers I try to help on my groups every day. Warm dry laundry should not be a death sentence. Taking a bath should not be a death sentence. Getting married should not be a death sentence. Please. Make it stop.

Message 23 of 27 (460 Views)

I have struggled with sims becoming hysterical more since I purchased Snowy escape. A nice vacation alone seems to be risky, and while I kind of love laundry gameplay and adding laundromat-style lots into my worlds, I've had to keep that as far away from Mt. Komorebi as possible.

Message 24 of 27 (435 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [LDSP] Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

★★★ Newbie

2022 and this is still annoying. It's basically like a punishment for keeping your sims too happy, lol. Better make them miserable all the time, if you want to have a dryer in the house. I've resorted to using the rack at this point, but if the house is small and you have season on top of that, it's a problem.

Message 25 of 27 (292 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I would definitely appreciate this being tuned down - either by switching it to a happy buff, or limiting the types of happy buffs that boost other emotions rather than just overriding them. I agree, it’s ridiculous that a well-cared for or recently engaged Sim is immediately given extreme emotions, especially when it’s just putting on clean clothes that makes you hysterical. It lasts so long too - if you need to be inspired for an aspiration but have laundry on the lot it’s so hard to get rid of the playful which overrides any inspired I manage to get.

Or at least just make it optional - instead of assuming a Sim’s entire wardrobe is warm after doing a single load of laundry, maybe just ask if I want “warm clothes fresh from the dryer” or to just pull something out of the closet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 26 of 27 (257 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

The hysterical sim buff is way too much I already barely take care of my sims needs let alone deal with death by emotions form LAUNDRY

Message 27 of 27 (242 Views)