Re: Friezes and Exterior Trims drawing on Interior Walls

by ckovel2000

Original Post

★ Apprentice

The ACTUAL answer is that you’re trying to apply a frieze to an entire room. Hold SHIFT while using the tool to apply it to a single wall. Then just apply them exactly where you want. 

This is by design, though not very intuitive. It took me months to figure it out. 

Message 11 of 17 (1,830 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Friezes and Exterior Trims drawing on Interior Walls

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I don't understand why this issue is still a problem.  How hard would it be for EA/Maxis or whoever the heck is responsible to make it so that you can have more selective deleting? It would be as easy as letting us manually delete frieze by 1x1 space at a time like we have to do with walls when building.  I don't consider this to be an acceptable intentional design mechanism where we have to forgo half-walls or half-rooms or any other creative building idea since the sims STARTED as and has always wanted to be the best building sim out there.  I would gladly trade these horrible indoor friezes for having to tediously delete each 1x1 frieze if only I had that option! I just want to be able to use them!!!!

Should note that holding shift still does not work on a wall where I removed the floor foundation and build the floor on the actual ground (so that I could have a sunken living area). That room isn't recognized as a room and so if I place a frieze on the outside wall it still goes to the inside wall, and of course deleting the inside part deletes the whole damn thing. SO i have to forgo the entire frieze around that level of the house, leave it be and hope the indoor frieze doesn't trigger me, or use friezes inconsistently and hope someone thinks it just looks artistic and creative.

Message 12 of 17 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SailorCeti Bless you, I'm new to S4 since this June and am still discovering how to navigate their building format. I was grinding tooth enamel away and about to say heck with second story trim work. Thank you so much!
Message 13 of 17 (1,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SailorCeti thank you so much, I had no idea about the SHIFT thing. Your comment helped me a lot! 

Message 14 of 17 (1,464 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SailorCetiNot sure how you figured that out, but that seems to be the solution! Thank you so much!

Message 15 of 17 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you know how to do this on console?

Message 16 of 17 (1,078 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mrjasonmomoa, I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much information as possible and we will do what we can to assist. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 17 of 17 (1,056 Views)