Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [CD] "Be Nice To..." Option Missing for cats

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have pet (In my case its a cat), click on friendly options.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option "Be Nice to" is completely absent from the menu, though the option to "encourage to mate with" is still present.
What do you expect to see? The option "Be nice to" to show up under friendly options when other animals are nearby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't actually play with pets that often, I'm just trying to get my cat to have a litter of kittens and it's impossible to get her to mate with strays when my sim can't tell her to be nice to them.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 3 of 9 (3,784 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] "Be Nice To..." Option Missing

EA Sims Team

Hello.

The "Be Nice To" interaction is only intended for Dogs, not Cats.  (The team is working on fixing the current issue with Dogs)

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (1,352 Views)

All Replies

"Be Nice To..." interaction not showing up at all

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current, whatever that is. Don't know how to check.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, movie hangout stuff, romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a pet and see if the "Be Nice To..." interaction is there at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no "Be Nice To..." interaction for any pets. There is also no "Encourage to Breed". It just doesn't show up, period.
What do you expect to see? ...A "Be Nice To..." interaction available on my pets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Essentially, the "Be Nice To..." interaction for pets seems to be completely nonexistant in my game. There is no way for me to command any of my pets to "Be Nice" to another pet. Same thing goes for the "Encourage to Breed" interaction. The option is just not there at all.

Message 1 of 9 (3,901 Views)

Re: "Be Nice To..." interaction not showing up at all

Hero

Hi @Mylyrin80 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,885 Views)

Re: "Be Nice To..." Option Missing

Hero
@verfens The interaction never worked right: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Be-nice-to-interaction-not-working/m-p/6594049

Maybe it was removed on purpose ?

Trying to find out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,757 Views)

Re: "Be Nice To..." Option Missing

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (3,685 Views)

★★★★ Pro

For me cats don't have the "be nice to..." option. Dogs have the option but it seems broken, nothing happens when I click on it.

Message 6 of 9 (3,587 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

The "Be Nice To" interaction is only intended for Dogs, not Cats.  (The team is working on fixing the current issue with Dogs)

Message 7 of 9 (1,353 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@TheSimsDirect Thank you for your transparency in these issues
Message 8 of 9 (1,318 Views)

★ Novice

If "be nice to" is only intended for dogs, how do you get cats to be friends?

Message 9 of 9 (1,127 Views)