Auto save option

by simplyhannahxox

Original Post

Auto save option

★ Novice

I don’t have a major technical problem but I have a suggestion and I think it would help everyone who plays the game. can we PLEASE have an auto save option for people who want it can turn it on. Idk if you can suggest this to anyone but it would help a lot. There has been wayyyy too many times that I’m really invested in a build or making a sim and my computer will just shut off or update without a warning. There’s been time where the sims application just closes out without warning. This happened to me last night and I believe it would be extremely helpful. I took 4 hours on my build just about to upload it to the gallery and just like that my computer shut down with no warning. I lost everything

Message 1 of 2 (425 Views)

Re: Auto save option

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I think they removed the autosave since it caused problems. I would not like an autosave feature, the game has too many issues for it to be saving at a time not picked by the player.

Quote:

• The auto-save feature has been removed as it was not functioning properly.
    • The feature as originally implemented was confusing and did not function as expected by users.
    • Save now occurs explicitly at the players request either by choosing to save when exiting to the Main Menu, Manage Worlds, or Quitting. Or by choosing Save or Save As from the ESC menu.

From here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918420/may-25-2017-patch-notes

Message 2 of 2 (390 Views)