Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Aspirations Not Fulfilling When Not Actively Playing Them

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.33.202.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to Work, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Before the November 2020 patch, I was able to have my active sim complete multiple aspirations at one time. For instance, I may start them with the Mixologist aspiration and complete a few things, then switch to the Friend of the World aspiration. If I mix drinks while the Friend of the World aspiration is active, it would still count. Vice versa, if I am actively on the Mixologist aspiration but meed new sims, they used to still count when I switched over.
What happens when the bug occurs? Now I can only work on one aspiration at a time. The others that I have started to not progress. They progress only when I switch to the aspiration and work on it while it's active.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all aspirations being progressed when actions are completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update from the NOV 2020 patch

n/a

Message 1 of 7 (152 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Aspirations Not Fulfilling When Not Actively Playing Them

Hero
@MzMelonz There are goals that can be reach when the aspiration isn't active like reach certain skill or have a certain amount of friends, etc.

I don't remember tasks being fulfilled that you have to actively do (like making drinks)

Are you sure that worked before ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (125 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@MzMelonz There are goals that can be reach when the aspiration isn't active like reach certain skill or have a certain amount of friends, etc.

I don't remember tasks being fulfilled that you have to actively do (like making drinks)

Are you sure that worked before ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (126 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Thank you for your attention. The making drinks one I understand. That was a bad example. However, I find myself clicking between aspirations every time I want to complete something and not just sometimes. That is the difference. Before I could start between one and three and not have to manually activate each one for the progression to save. 

Message 3 of 7 (89 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MzMelonz So which goals do not complete that you think should ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (65 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

One example would be the "Friend of the World." If I am meeting new people, it won't tally those without me have the "Friend of the World" aspiration opened, even though I had already started it. But with every aspiration goal, in order for me to successfully complete any of them, I have to switch to it for it to complete.

Message 5 of 7 (54 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

For me aspirations have never completed without actively playing that aspiration. I always have to select the specific aspiration before completing aspiration goals as meeting new people. This has always been like this.

However when a goal is to reach a certain skill level, or level in a career, it will complete directly once you select the right aspiration. Because this doesn't require a specific action, but requires to reach a certain level. If you do this without having the specific aspiration active, it will complete once you select the specific aspiration.

Message 6 of 7 (52 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Okay, thanks for your attention, as well. 

I must be mistaken then for sure. Thanks for both of your help!

Message 7 of 7 (38 Views)
Twitter Stream