Asking for help

by AsethMidnight

Original Post

Asking for help

★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

I'm really not sure if I put this question in the right thread, and I'm sure the answer is very easy, but I've been googling fruitlessly for the past few hours, so I hope you guys and galls know what to do.

Anyone who can explain to me what's happening in the screenshot? Why are these holes in the floor, and how can I remove them? I tried everything, but just can't figure it out... Hoping you can help, and apologies in advance if I've posted my question in the wrong subforum... 

Thanks!!! 

Message 1 of 5 (359 Views)

Re: Asking for help

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AsethMidnight That is an interesting screenshot that I would love to hear the backstory on! I cannot tell from it what lead up to the holes, and am guessing at the context area for it, so please clarify whatever I am misunderstanding:

• My guess is that you have thinner room with the small 1-tile 'rooms' within it. Within those one-tile rooms it looks like you have deleted the flooring &/or ceiling & walls? can you confirm if this is the case. If so, did you previously have one of the1-tile rooms over those holes?
  • Is the room below one with deleted walls? Did you add that black rim (low fencing, for instance)?
  • Are the red squares on the first floor deleted tiles/flooring. Was this intentional or part of this glitch?
  • I have never seen the green rims around the floor and holes. I also cannot reproduce this.
  • No matter what I try, though, I cannot reproduce the holes by accident. 

So... taking all of these things into account I'm guessing that you may have Mods/CC that could be interfering? Even if you don't I would like to have you try the following to see if it corrects this: 

Spoiler

If you do please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache file mentioned and run the repair.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game will re-create the Mods folder if you deleted it.)
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

If this does not help, can you please share the lot to the gallery under a name that you give me the exact title of, plus please share what your EA gallery ID name is. Then post here to let me know the lot is in the gallery and I can test it in my game.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I didn't build this myself. It is actually a screenshot of Sandtrap Flat in Bedrock Springs (with altered floor patterns, paint job, etc.)

Message 3 of 5 (330 Views)

Champion

@AsethMidnight Thank you so much... Now I understand what you meant. Sorry for the other reply, as I now see it was irrelevant. I have made a video for you showing how to remove the holes in the roof on that lot: https://youtu.be/qDZH6lbckBU

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I'll check this out first thing in the morning tomorrow Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (316 Views)