Re: Asking Sims to Move in

by TomB-202

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Please help , we at level 9 of a friendship relationship but I don’t see the option to ask to move in

Message 21 of 67 (4,487 Views)

Hero

@quasha26 

There is no Move in option for NPCs. That is only for playable Sims that belong to other players.

Your playable Sim will have to marry Mason if you want him to move in to your household. This is what you need to do:

1. Click on Flirty options.
  2. Complete the proposal event.
  3. After the engagement click on Here comes the wedding
  4. Mason will automatically move into your household right after the wedding. You will find him in the family portrait still as a NPC. Then you will be able to promote him to playable Sim when you have an empty Sim slot.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 22 of 67 (4,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I invited a Sim to move in; nothing so I looked her up and her owner hasn't played for 73 days so she'll not be coming I think.

So I invited another whose owner is active. She's been on twice but no move in.yet. So, questions. +

If a request to move in is rejected will I get a message or be left in limbo?

If I go ahead and promote someone else into my playable slot and sometime later my move in request is accepted what happens?

Do I get that move in but into a non playable slot or does the Sims owner get to keep her after accepting the move in request?

Message 23 of 67 (4,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TomB-202 wrote:

So I invited a Sim to move in; nothing so I looked her up and her owner hasn't played for 73 days so she'll not be coming I think.

So I invited another whose owner is active. She's been on twice but no move in.yet. So, questions. +

If a request to move in is rejected will I get a message or be left in limbo?

If I go ahead and promote someone else into my playable slot and sometime later my move in request is accepted what happens?

Do I get that move in but into a non playable slot or does the Sims owner get to keep her after accepting the move in request?

@TomB-202
Hi!

1. If a request to move in is rejected will I get a message or be left in limbo?
I'm almost sure you'll get a message telling your request has been denied and you won't be able to request the same Sim to move in. Notice that move-in request expires around 5 days after the other player has received it. 

2. If I go ahead and promote someone else into my playable slot and sometime later my move in request is accepted what happens?

The Sim you have requested will leave their household as soon as the request is accepted. The other player will receive a retirement heirloom box and that Sim will appear as retired for them.
You'll get a message in your Inbox that says something like "Who is the new Sim in town?" when the other player accepts your request. This is a bit risky because you will have to retire a Sim in order to empty a playable Sim slot, and only then you should tap on the green button of this message. 

To be honest, it is better to ask a player you know to move in their Sims. I have seen many requests are denied. 

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 24 of 67 (4,272 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK, the request expires.

That's really the important part.

As long as I don't fill my empty slot for 5 days

I don't run a risk of something unexpected

happening. 

Your note got cut off. I don't know where you were

headed at the end but I have the important point so thanks!  Standard smile

Message 25 of 67 (4,255 Views)

Hero
@TomB-202 I have now edited the last sentence of my previous post.

It's five days from the moment the other player opens the game after you've sent your request. As I understand, the request won't expire if the other player is not active.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 26 of 67 (4,244 Views)

Re: Need help moving in sim

★★ Novice
Sorry I'm new to the game.

How can you know if the sims is an npc?

How can you know if its young or adult?

I married a sims and still she didn't move in automatically and she is not even in the family photo, then I look at my contact and visit her home she have a family and some child in her home, is it still possible for me to ask her to move in?

Or do I need to finish first the quest for the 3rd playable sims to ask her to move in? This is for my 1st sim

And for my 2nd playable sims which is a girl and haven't marry someone yet but i move her in to other housw thinking maybe i can ask the spouse of my 1st sim to move in but still didn't move in. But if ever my 2nd sim marry someone will i get the same problem like my 1st sim?
Message 27 of 67 (4,062 Views)

★★ Novice
Sorry I'm new to the game.

How can you know if the sims is an npc?

How can you know if its young or adult?

I married a sims and still she didn't move in automatically and she is not even in the family photo, then I look at my contact and visit her home she have a family and some child in her home, is it still possible for me to ask her to move in?

Or do I need to finish first the quest for the 3rd playable sims to ask her to move in? This is for my 1st sim

And for my 2nd playable sims which is a girl and haven't marry someone yet but i move her in to other house thinking maybe i can ask the spouse of my 1st sim to move in but still didn't move in. But if ever my 2nd sim marry someone will i get the same problem like my 1st sim?
Message 28 of 67 (4,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@AmazingBayamax It seems that the sim you want to move in belongs to a another player (which is one of your friends). You have to ASK from that player that you want the sim to move in. This option will show during an interaction with the sim (should not be done when doing a relationship/hobby/career task If your friend/contact accepts the request, the sim will move in to your household. 

Message 29 of 67 (4,148 Views)

★★ Novice
@dissenterjasmine how will i know which friend she belongs to?
Message 30 of 67 (4,125 Views)