Re: Asking Sims to Move in

by rmw8855

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Asking Sims to Move in

★★★ Newbie
One of my sims is in a relationship with an NPC. I tried asking them to move in, but it said there was no room in the household (I already have another sim and a baby). So, I tried adding another bed in a spare room I already had. When that didn't work, I built another room and added another bed. That still hasn't worked. Can I not ask an NPC to move in?
Message 1 of 67 (75,761 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team
Hi @Ashifer,

I've moved your post to The Sims Mobile forums, it sounds like that's the game you are talking about, but let us know if I'm wrong.

When you start the game, your household has space for 2 active Sims. You can unlock two additional spaces - can you see the spaces with padlocks in the bottom of the screen?

You could marry your Sim and the NPC - the NPC would move in as a non-active Sim to your house. You can make them active later on when you have space.

Another option, if you have at least level 16, is retiring the other Sim. This will make that Sim inactive and free one of the spaces in the house for the NPC to move in.

Hope that's clear enough, but let us know if you have any more questions!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 67 (82,710 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team
Hi @Ashifer,

I've moved your post to The Sims Mobile forums, it sounds like that's the game you are talking about, but let us know if I'm wrong.

When you start the game, your household has space for 2 active Sims. You can unlock two additional spaces - can you see the spaces with padlocks in the bottom of the screen?

You could marry your Sim and the NPC - the NPC would move in as a non-active Sim to your house. You can make them active later on when you have space.

Another option, if you have at least level 16, is retiring the other Sim. This will make that Sim inactive and free one of the spaces in the house for the NPC to move in.

Hope that's clear enough, but let us know if you have any more questions!
-Mai
Message 2 of 67 (82,711 Views)

★★★★ Novice
When you move a NPC in your Sims Mobile home, how does it affect the way each party interacts with that Sim? Is that sim living a double interactive life, or is that sim only available to one party only? I need to know as one of my Sims is married with child to another player’s sim.
Message 3 of 67 (75,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

This answer confuses me b.c I have 3 playable sims since I unlocked that 3rd slot. The 4th is still locked however. I married my 2 initial sims & their spouses automatically moved in after but when I married the sim in the unlocked slot, her spouse did not move & it won't let me move him in. I have 8 rooms total & even moved all my older children out thinking this would allow me to move my 3rd sim's husband in but it did not. Why would I have to unlock the 4th slot if the husbands of the first 2 automatically moved in?

Message 4 of 67 (72,264 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

@Anonymous  I think you are confusing moved in versus active playable sim.  Anytime you marry an NPC sim they should automatically move into your household.  They are living in your household but they are not playable.  It doesn't matter how many bedrooms you have, etc.  I have 4 playable sims and 6 non-playable sims in my household and only 2 bedrooms.  There is also the option to "Move In" a sim (instead of marry), but this only works if you have an available slot for an additional playable sim.  Hope this answers your question.

Message 5 of 67 (72,254 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi EA_Mal, do you know if accepting an invitation to move my Sim into another player's household will make me lose the outfit my Sim is wearing? She is wearing stuff from Izzy's. Like, will the outfit no longer be available to me for my future Sims to wear?

Message 6 of 67 (64,518 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That is an excellent question. I look forward to reading the answer.

Message 7 of 67 (64,514 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@xMjbabyx wrote:

Hi EA_Mal, do you know if accepting an invitation to move my Sim into another player's household will make me lose the outfit my Sim is wearing? She is wearing stuff from Izzy's. Like, will the outfit no longer be available to me for my future Sims to wear?

It will not.  I have accepted many invitations to move my Sim into another player's household and have never lost an Izzy outfit.  The other player will be allowed to continue to have their new Sim (your old sim) wear a "copy" of your Izzy outfit as long as they don't take it off.  If they ever remove the outfit that the transferred sim is wearing, they will lose the copy and be unable to regain it.  

You will keep your Izzy outfit and be immediately able to put it on a new Sim.

Message 8 of 67 (64,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks so much for replying so quickly and with such a clear answer! After reading your reply, I accepted the invitation to move out my sim, and I still have my Izzy outfit. Thank you @BlueWizardRob!

Message 9 of 67 (64,396 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can you help me ? Is it to late to move in my fiancé we’re at level 10 in the relationship 

Message 10 of 67 (52,043 Views)