Re: Need help moving in sim

by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@SalixCat Ok. I just had a commercial freeze and I wasn’t ready. So it shouldn’t be too long before I upload some video on freezing ads, but I think somebody already did, so that was good.
Message 41 of 67 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Here is my former Sim, Jayleen, ballroom dancing at the Treasure Hunt. They even do the dip and kiss thing and drop each other every once in a while. It’s kinda cute. She’s not the only one that does it. But it’s for 30 seconds, then she’s sitting on park benches and wandering around all by herself again. If this is a glitch I wonder if she could come back to the house? I could just keep her retired. It doesn’t look like she’s leaving to me. It’s been since shortly after Christmas.A17DCDEF-E549-4639-81C3-F5783CA04EBD.png

Message 42 of 67 (1,086 Views)

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 She won't move in, as I've said before, because retired Sims can't move in. She will eventually disappear from your game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 43 of 67 (1,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SalixCat I realize now there’s no possibility of her moving back naturally, I was just thinking if the technical people have to do something with her anyway, maybe she could come back.
Anyway it’ll be hard to see her suddenly gone. I won’t be divorcing my Sims again anytime soon, that’s for sure. If she doesn’t pass on by Easter I’ll post a video of it, so the developers can see how it is. Sometimes you just have to be there. It’s guilt inducing. Constantly. And this is my new game, believe it or not. So I’m running out of places to go. 

Message 44 of 67 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@CharlieDaisy12 I had a sim work at the diner for weeks, not her regular job , before she disappeared! I never felt that it was a glitch, more just a fun way of saying goodbye ♥️
Message 45 of 67 (979 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JulesDarling Well, I’m doing Events with her now, and she plays basketball with her grandkids, actually. She’s quite the player!
But I don’t think she’s going anywhere. I’ve had this happen with other characters, both playing and non playing, in my other game.

They’ve not left. I’ve got three of them actually, all related to former Sims of mine by marriage or birth. I haven’t put in a Report in on that one yet, but if I am able to, I will. Anyway, that’s why I don’t hold out much hope. But if you say so, I’ll look forward to her passing a little longer. The whole thing is just weird to be with in your game, frankly. Thanks for the info, though! At least there’s a chance!😊
Message 46 of 67 (970 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@CharlieDaisy12 I say enjoy her and the others that stick around! If this is a glitch then it’s a happy glitch for sure 😉 I would love to see some of my retired Sims, let them meet their great grandchildren and maybe if lucky, play a little basketball with them! ♥️ be well my friend and enjoy those sims ♥️♥️♥️
Message 47 of 67 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Well, that’s an attitude I can definitely appreciate, @JulesDarling, and I will try to adopt to the extent that I can.

The difference here is that she was divorced, at the hands of a Sim who was not in charge of the relationship, I do not know how it was accomplished except through a glitch, and that turns what was once a good situation sour. I truly wish I could have some of my old Sims back, too, but never, ever, like this. 
We’ll see what happens. And thanks for your post. I appreciate it.😊

Message 48 of 67 (953 Views)

Re: Asking Sims to Move in

★★★ Novice

Hello, I lost two of my Sims from keeping them passive for too long and the only way I can bring them back was to marry them. (They both became NPCs) One of them isn’t supposed to get married to somebody and doesn’t make sense who I put him with, but I’m worried that if I divorced him he will leave again. Do you know what happens if NPC gets divorced???

Message 49 of 67 (800 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you choose to divorce the NPC will still stay in the house? I lost two Sims because I had left them passive for too long and I had to marry them both back into the house. (I found them roaming in town and they became NPCs) One of them isn’t supposed to get married and I want to divorce him from the character that I had to put him with, but I’m worried that if I do he will leave the house again. :,((( 

Message 50 of 67 (800 Views)