Re: Ask if single should be a friendly interaction

by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

Ask if single should be a friendly interaction

★★★★★ Novice

Ask if single should be a friendly interaction. I'd like to be able to ask family or friends if they're single before hooking them up with others. Or just for my own knowledge. The sim panel shows when a sim is married not if they're dating anyone.

Message 1 of 7 (1,616 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree!

In my opinion, it should have worked as "ask about career", you shouldn't be able to see their spouse, or if they are dating in the panel before you ask.

Message 2 of 7 (1,479 Views)

Champion

@SimGirl_Ti you bring up a good point.🙂  Even if you are just trying to be friends with someone, a friend would know if the other person has a boyfriend/girlfriend or not! 
(However, I only ask this in my game if I think my Sim would like to date that person, but maybe that is just how I tend to play.  😊 )  While I don't think they would go through the trouble of making 2 types of questions like this (Ask if Single - Romantic, and Ask if Single - Friendly), having both would be ideal.  Also, they do have 2 types of hugs if you have the Parenthood GP. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (1,474 Views)

★★ Guide

Sometimes I ask a sim if they are single because I want to use the interaction "ask to hook up with", really awkward later when I find out they already were involved with someone else. 

A romantic version that did give a little bit of romance, could be worded differently?

• want to hook up
  • want to date
  • ask if they are in a relationship
    • A: yes. I'm married to/in a relationship with
    • A: no, but I'm seeing/dating someone 
    • A: no I'm single

Message 4 of 7 (1,471 Views)

Champion

@SimGirl_Ti Yes! There have been many times I wanted my sim to ask this without gaining any romance.  What if the answer is no?  Then my sim has romance with someone who's in a relationship!  So annoying.  

@MarleyTheWizard I love the idea of having the different options you mentioned.  

@PugLove888 I think there are three "hugs" if you have Parenthood.  There's the friendly "hug", the romantic "embrace" and the Parenthood "hug lovingly".  Although, I think "hug lovingly" might be reserved for family members?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 7 (1,211 Views)

Champion

@JonaO703 , I was only counting the non-romantic hugs because even though the issue we are discussing is romantic, I was trying to compare it to hugs that are very similar to each other, yet still exist in the game.  I thought about including the romantic embrace, but I was trying to simplify my reply, since a romantic hug is a different type of hug -- though now reading your reply, I think it better illustrates the point I was trying to make! 😅  Thanks for bringing it up! 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 7 (1,099 Views)

★★ Guide

Agreed

Message 7 of 7 (1,085 Views)