Re: Are you working on cross platform for sims 4 so we can put expansion p

by PugLove888

Original Post

Are you working on cross platform for sims 4 so we can put expansion p

★ Novice

I need to be able to transfer all purchases from Xbox to pc because I had the game on Xbox first

Message 1 of 9 (8,299 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@610726  What are you asking specifically? The Sims 4? Another game?

Most games that I know of including the Sims 4 are not cross platform compatible. You cannot transfer Xbox games to your PC. If you want the sims 4 for PC, you have to buy the base game and whatever expansion packs you want for PC. They are different versions and not cross platform compatible.

Message 2 of 9 (8,247 Views)

★ Novice

I was talking about the Sims 4. Thank you for the information. I knew that I was asking if anyone knew if ea was working on it before I got to the limit of characters 

Message 3 of 9 (8,228 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@610726  No problem. I am not sure if they will ever work on cross platform with games. At most we may see cross platform that players can play together on console and on PC that is if Sims 5 has online play. The gallery has become available for both console and PC where players of every platform can share their creations. However, I honestly don't think different versions of the games will become available for all platforms. If they did, they probably would have to remake the base game and all the packs? The ones out right now are made for the platform it is meant for. IE: PC sims 4 is only playable on PC. One of the reasons why I don't think it will become a thing is because of the specifics you need for a game to work for both console and PC, as all have different specifications etc. Another reason is like anything now a days, EA needs money and obviously will continue to make more money getting fans to buy it for different platforms. Rather EA wants to admit to that or not, that's everything now. Maybe I'm negative or crazy, but in the money driven society we live in that is probably the reason why you won't see The Sims 4 become cross platform.

Message 4 of 9 (8,199 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much, tho I have to buy my packs again this really helped

Message 5 of 9 (8,179 Views)

Champion

@xJaimerTheGamerxand @610726 , keep in mind that this isn't only up to EA, but also up to Sony and Microsoft, since having the Sims 4 on consoles is a joint effort!   That is the main reason it took so long for consoles to get the Gallery. Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (8,156 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888  Very true! I honestly don't see it becoming cross platform because they can make so much more money selling them for each platform. EA, Sony, Microsoft etc are not the only companies guilty of it. We all know one of the best and worse things to happen to games is DLC, but that is another discussion all together. Lol.

Message 7 of 9 (8,132 Views)

Champion

@xJaimerTheGamerxand @610726 , well since the PC/Mac version existed for several years before the console versions were released, if they had made it so you don't have to buy all the packs again, Sony and Microsoft would have made hardly any money at all for the collaboration, and it wouldn't have been worth the effort! Disappointed Therefore, there wouldn't have been any console version of The Sims 4 at all, if this was the case! Raised eyebrowDevil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 9 (8,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

they are it was supposed to come out dec 15  2020 but they postponed it (it was a crossplay platform for everything)

Message 9 of 9 (7,883 Views)