Re: Are we able to access a saved Sim game on another PC?

by AlnaCait

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Are we able to access a saved Sim game on another PC?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I just purchased a new PC and downloaded origin. I assumed that once I downloaded Origin I would be able to access my saved game without any issue. Help please!

Message 1 of 7 (515 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice
You just need to make sure that the saves are in the saves folder for the Sims 4 in your new PC's documents folder. I'm not sure if they'd work from the cloud. Standard smile I generally use either my google drive or a usb to move my saves to new PCs.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (502 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

You will need to copy the saves, tray and mods folders from the old PC to the new one

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks! So, I am guessing I can simply copy the folder to my cloud drive for windows. From there when I access the game, it should bring my content up?

Message 3 of 7 (505 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You just need to make sure that the saves are in the saves folder for the Sims 4 in your new PC's documents folder. I'm not sure if they'd work from the cloud. Standard smile I generally use either my google drive or a usb to move my saves to new PCs.
Message 4 of 7 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Google drive would be better. I dont want to have to hunt down a USB. I rarely use those things anymore. Thanks for helping!

Message 5 of 7 (498 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Also... which files am I choosing? There are so many and none clearly says "saved games"

Message 6 of 7 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So when you are in the saves folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves), depending on what you want to bring over the most important files are the ones that end with ".save".

So if you want just your most recently played sims brought across just grab the most recent one. I generally will find out the name of the recent one and take the ".save" file and the other 5 files that have the same name but end with: ".save.ver(0-4)"

So my most recent save at the moment is named: "Slot_00000017.save" so I'd take that and also the version ones as well ("Slot_00000017.save.ver0", "Slot_00000017.save.ver1", "Slot_00000017.save.ver2", "Slot_00000017.save.ver3", and "Slot_00000017.save.ver4") . Each "slot" number is a different save, so when you look at the load game screen each sims family is the save. I attached a screenshot of my current saves folder where it shows the file names and types.

Just put them in the same folder on the new PC and launch the game and the saves should appear. (If I get a new PC, i just take the entire "saves" folder to the new one.) Just drag the folder into your google drive and as long as you have space it'll upload with no troubles! Standard smile

I hope this helps! 

Message 7 of 7 (475 Views)