Are the expansions really worth it?

by wildebeast_234

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Are the expansions really worth it?

★★★ Newbie

The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs just came out and I'm starting to question all these expansion packs. I've bought every bit of Sims 4 content since it came out without question. But the more I've gotten into gaming, the more I've questioned prices. An AAA game is commonly 60$ and yet I've spent over 200$ on Sims 4 content. It's been really conflicting for me as I love the sims and I always will. I don't know what to do at this point.  

Message 1 of 3 (730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Are the expansions really worth it?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@wildebeast_234, that is an question only you can answer.Angel  It is like if I asked you which flavor of ice cream would I like more: coffee or strawberry.  (my answer would be coffee, but you couldn't possibly know that! ) Wink

As for me about the Sims, I've never regretted any Sims purchase I've made! Party hat  I've bought every pack from TS1 to TS4.  They have all added something to my game.Cool  I don't even regret the TS3 stuff pack "Katy Perry Sweet Treats" , and I can't stand Katy Perry! LOL Large smile:eahigh_file: There were a lot of cute items in that pack, and I would have missed out if I didn't get it.Raised eyebrow

If you didn't want to buy every single pack, then I would at least buy the Game Packs and Expansion Packs since they add more game play, as opposed to mostly just stuff.  But I like stuff! :eahigh_file:  Or you could just buy the Stuff Packs that you think you would really enjoy.  You can always check out the individual items both in CAS and Build/Buy Mode from the Website or from the Main Screen in your game to see if you think it is worth it.  

Now, I can't tell you what to buy as I don't know your budget or what you need in real-life (nor do I want to know your budget!)  I don't have a large budget myself, and have medical bills to deal with, but for me the Sims are worth it.  Yeah I could spend the same amount on a really expensive pair of shoes that I don't need, but I'd rather spend the money on more shoes for my Sims! LOL  But that is just me.  To me it is totally worth it! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (874 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@wildebeast_234, that is an question only you can answer.Angel  It is like if I asked you which flavor of ice cream would I like more: coffee or strawberry.  (my answer would be coffee, but you couldn't possibly know that! ) Wink

As for me about the Sims, I've never regretted any Sims purchase I've made! Party hat  I've bought every pack from TS1 to TS4.  They have all added something to my game.Cool  I don't even regret the TS3 stuff pack "Katy Perry Sweet Treats" , and I can't stand Katy Perry! LOL Large smile:eahigh_file: There were a lot of cute items in that pack, and I would have missed out if I didn't get it.Raised eyebrow

If you didn't want to buy every single pack, then I would at least buy the Game Packs and Expansion Packs since they add more game play, as opposed to mostly just stuff.  But I like stuff! :eahigh_file:  Or you could just buy the Stuff Packs that you think you would really enjoy.  You can always check out the individual items both in CAS and Build/Buy Mode from the Website or from the Main Screen in your game to see if you think it is worth it.  

Now, I can't tell you what to buy as I don't know your budget or what you need in real-life (nor do I want to know your budget!)  I don't have a large budget myself, and have medical bills to deal with, but for me the Sims are worth it.  Yeah I could spend the same amount on a really expensive pair of shoes that I don't need, but I'd rather spend the money on more shoes for my Sims! LOL  But that is just me.  To me it is totally worth it! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I look at it this way, does it make you happy and can you afford it? I enjoy playing TS, and I only buy expansions or stuff packs when they are on sale and when it's right for me to make that purchase. I still don't have them all and I wish I did, but, I don't let that affect me enjoying spending a couple hours a week controlling my Sims lives. It's fun, gives me a way to relax, and it's always something new each time I play. There's no right or wrong here. And, there's no "completing" the game. When you purchase most games, the object is to get through it and to beat it.. this is just a totally different type of game, so it's hard to compare it to that. Nerd

Message 3 of 3 (665 Views)