Re: Appliances Breaking Without Being Used

by givememore86

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Appliances Breaking Without Being Used

★★ Guide

I noticed this happened after small patch few days ago. I set all my sims in relationship events and close the game. When I come back, I heard breaking appliances sound and one of my appliance is broken. It's already happened 3 times this day. Anyone having this problem too? 🤨

Message 1 of 7 (827 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Pro

I think it happens to everyone. I don't think it has happened because of the patch. It happens to me all the time even before the patch. I got all my plots of land and I have an excess of extra simoleons so it doesn't affect me that much. I tend to use low-level items, which makes the price of repairing a really low. When I redo my house I'm going to use a higher level items and see what happens. Lower level items tend to break really quick.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (800 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

I think it happens to everyone. I don't think it has happened because of the patch. It happens to me all the time even before the patch. I got all my plots of land and I have an excess of extra simoleons so it doesn't affect me that much. I tend to use low-level items, which makes the price of repairing a really low. When I redo my house I'm going to use a higher level items and see what happens. Lower level items tend to break really quick.

Message 2 of 7 (801 Views)

I hadn't had something breaking in ages, my Sims are all standing around, so maybe they don't use it when I'm not looking WinkTongue out

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 7 (788 Views)

★★ Guide

@givememore86 I use lots of two and three star items in my house. It's really draining my pocket because they cost a lot when broken. Maybe I'll switch to one star items too..... 

But... But... High star items are beautiful... 😩

Hahaha... 😂

@Phantomlover1717 That means my sims are too lively. I gotta discipline them. 😋

I switch them to career events, and no appliances breaking so far. Guess I'll just send them to work instead of hanging around at home and banging dishes. 

Message 4 of 7 (767 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

What I have been doing during this quest, is not fixing anything that got broken. I know things are going to break so I'm just going to let it stay broken. The only thing I will fix is stuff that will help me with my energy, ex. Bed, toilet Etc. When the quest is over that's when I'll fix everything. 😎

Message 5 of 7 (746 Views)

★★★ Guide

Things are breaking all the time in my place too. During this event I have received at lot of duplicates, and hence a lot of simoleons, but it feels like I have spent more simoleons on repairs than I have received from the lux boxes. (It’s probably not the case, but it’s not far from the truth.) I preferre to repair things when they brake - I hate the sound of flies 😆

Message 6 of 7 (718 Views)

★★ Guide

Oooh... That flies sound 😠 I hate when I heard that sound but cannot find the source. I end up zooming in close to the floor and search the whole house to find which furniture makes that nasty sound.

But having flies sound is better. Some furnitures does not even make sounds or have that flies animation when it's broken. I didn't even know that it's broken except when I want to use it. 

Message 7 of 7 (683 Views)