Re: Apartment walls to the hall ruin the view

by Psychotps

Original Post

Apartment walls to the hall ruin the view

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, this is not a bug but it bothers me about City Living and was wondering if this is something the team can include in an update, maybe, hopefully?

It's about having apartment walls as your exterior walls and always see them 'Up'. If a rented apartment touches walls with another apartment, that wall will be up (right?). The walls to the halls however  will always be down, unless ALL walls are up - and that's not really playable either. Having to see the hall all the time kind of ruins the game view, and it makes me not want to build and play on these lots. 888 Spire apartments Alto apartments are a good example, I'd love to play and redesign them more, but the game view is just annoying. And much like the other apartment, I wouldn't see that from inside my apartment. 
So, can halls be programmed like outside areas, so that the exterior wall of the apartment would be up on default, but would go down when a Sims from the household is in the hall? Has this been asked before? Is there a mod? Am I the only one? 

edit: changed apartment example

Message 1 of 2 (1,267 Views)

Re: Apartment walls to the hall ruin the view

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@OkayLazySimHuh. That's an interesting idea. So, you want the wall separating the apartment from the hallway to be considered an "exterior" wall, as far as walls up/down/cutaway is concerned.

That's a good idea. However, we can see why it's not like that. The walls separating the apartment from the hallway, while "exterior" to the apartment, is still considered "interior" to the entire building. And that's what the game goes by.

They likely left it like that because it was easier. It already worked like that and making them work like an exterior wall would entail extra programming and coding.

I'm not sure if I'd like it like that. I'd think it would make seeing the hallway MUCH more difficult. Especially since the hallways are usually narrow, and the walls on the other side are always other apartments which you can't bring the walls down at all. So, this means in order to see the hallway properly, you'd have to resort to bringing the walls completely down every time... which would be a severe annoyance.

Message 2 of 2 (1,187 Views)