Apartment Empty After Sims go to University

by DreamyNeon

Original Post

Apartment Empty After Sims go to University

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020 (most recent)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had my 2 young adult sims living in 1010 Alto Apartments in San Myshuno. They also had a butler. I then sent the two sims to Britechester, with the apartment now empty. I hadn't visited the home lot because I was focused on college, but after about two sim weeks I went over to it in build mode to save it to the gallery. To my surprise, it was completely empty - all furniture was gone, the floorplan had stayed though.
What happens when the bug occurs? The apartment is empty
What do you expect to see? The apartment will NOT be empty
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had my 2 young adult sims living in 1010 Alto Apartments in San Myshuno. They also had a butler. I then sent the two sims to Britechester, with the apartment now empty. I hadn't visited the home lot because I was focused on college, but after about two sim weeks I went over to it in build mode to save it to the gallery. To my surprise, it was completely empty - all furniture was gone, the floorplan had stayed though.

Message 1 of 5 (825 Views)

Re: Apartment Empty After Sims go to University

Hero
@DreamyNeon Did you keep or sell all your furniture ? If you're going to Uni, you essentially give up the apartment and if you keep the furniture when moving, it will all be in your household inventory to be placed again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

except if you stay in Dorms as dorms don't have a family inventory.

Its not the end of the world though as you can get the furniture back when you move back to the apartment by selecting furnished apartment. 

Message 3 of 5 (796 Views)

Hero
@DreamyNeon Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DreamyNeon, to get around this, move in another Sim to hold the place for the Sim or Sims you want to send to college to live in the dorms.  Then send your Sim to college and when they graduate have them move back in with the original Sim.  Once they move back in, you can move the extra placeholder Sim out of your Sim's household. Wink  This way all the furniture will be waiting for your Sim when they graduate! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (725 Views)