Anyone else waiting for bugfixes?

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

Anyone else waiting for bugfixes?

★★ Guide

Yeah.. I'm not gonna touch ECO before the major bugs are gone. Can't be the only one right? xD

Message 1 of 28 (1,076 Views)

Re: Anyone else waiting for bugfixes?

★★★ Guide

for me, Eco is still worth playing, and not everyone has the glitches or the same glitches. And what be a major glitch to you may be minor to someone else. Despite the glitches, I believe it is still one of the best packs they put out. All packs have glitches and it will always be that way. I think you would be waiting for a long time.

Message 2 of 28 (1,044 Views)

Champion

@SisterGloomy, that is entirely up to you. Standard smile  However, until some of the bugs get fixed I am only playing new Save Game files so that any bugs will not mess up any long time save games of mine. Wink

@RavenLure, usually glitches are just things that happen to your game and probably can't be replicated with any consistency in anybody else's game.  This would include things like Sims randomly getting stuck and need to be reset.
Bugs, however, are things that usually apply to most people, at least if they meet the right conditions. (There is even a Bug Report forum here on AHQ!)   For example there was a long period of time that many of the plants at the Romance Festival (City Living) would be in odd areas, some floating in the air or spawning under tables. This bug has been fixed, but while it was active it happened to everybody who went to the Romance Festival.  Wink  Here are a couple of pictures showing misplaced plants and dirt piles for those not in season. 

05-15-19_4-12-58 AM.png

05-15-19_4-14-32 AM.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 28 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 Regardless, I still think it is worth getting. This has to be my fav pack so far.
Message 4 of 28 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I haven't updated my game since 1.62. I always wait to see what new bugs the updates come with. And lord. Major bugs right now not just with NAP for example from ECO but just from the update in june. So I guess I'll be waiting a long time cause EA isn't the best at fixing bugs fast. xD

You guys don't have problem with NAP, stealing, pets disappearing and sims cancelling what they are doing all the time?

Message 5 of 28 (952 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SisterGloomy Yeah there's nothing wrong with waiting a short while to get the Eco Lifestyle pack but it does add some pretty awesome new game-play, CAS, and build/buy items. Off-the-grid living is so much better now! I agree that the NAP system could use some tweaks in a future game patch but for now it can be controlled to an extent by disallowing NPC voting in your game options. Some of the NAPs are working just fine & with NPC voting disallowed my Sims get to pick which ones are active. There are also built-in cheats to instantly activate or repeal any NAPs that you do or do not want in your neighborhood. I also agree that there are definitely some bugs that need to be fixed & I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see some of that in the next game patch.

Message 6 of 28 (908 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RandomBuzziness

If the items in the pack would work, it would be a GREAT pack! Unfortunately I haven't found a single thing in the pack that actually works. The eco footprint is broken, the power generation objects are broken, the new billing system is broken, the NAPs are broken, the fabricator is broken, the juice maker is broken, the new planters are broken... and on and on.

If they can fix all these things, the pack would be awesome. Everyone should just hold off getting it until these things are fixed. Once they all are, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

But not until then.
Message 7 of 28 (911 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think I'll wait until Christmas to get eco living.

Message 8 of 28 (871 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure, I agree, I am enjoying the Eco Living pack so far.Standard smile  I do wish it had a bit more explanation, but I have been having fun discovering things as I play! Party hat

@SisterGloomy, I've been having problems with Sims cancelling what they are doing for well over a year.  I guess you are lucky that you are only having problems with it now.  As for the other things you mentioned, I haven't had them occur yet in my game.  So far I haven't had the Sharing is Caring NAP enacted, and the only negative NAP I have had is the Roughhousing one.  But once I realized that if our Sims have enough influence points we can vote more than once, I haven't had any problems with getting the NAPs that I want and keeping the ones I don't want from being voted through! 
I do realize that some people are reporting that NAPs enacted in other neighborhoods will bleed through to theirs.  So far this hasn't happened to me.Fingers crossed This might be because for each household I play I play with an entirely different Save Game file.  Maybe that doesn't make a difference, but it seems to be the only explanation I can think of for why this hasn't happened to me yet. WonderingRaised eyebrow I might have to test that out soon! Nerd
As for the pets that go missing, I haven't had that happen either, but I have been avoiding playing pets since the pre-pack patch, with the exception of one household where I needed to use a pet to test a friend's house that she made. So far the dog has not gone missing.  But that is the only house I've played a pet in since then. Thinking

@Psychotps, I haven't tried all the new items yet, but so far the fabricator and the fizzy juice maker are working just fine! Standard smile The Eco footprint may be broken, but I also wonder if I just expected it to work a certain way and that I've been wrong in assuming how it would work.Raised eyebrow  I do wish they had given more explanation in how some of the new systems and items work in this pack.  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 28 (810 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888

Well, I have to check the Fabricator again since this latest "patch" claimed to "fix" it, but the audio problem with it was so bad it was completely unusable.

The juicer is still broken. It still tends to seize up for days on end. The last time I tried to use it, it never worked again. I just ended up selling it. It was more trouble than it was worth. I use it once or twice and it locks up for three or four days. Sometimes it never works again and you just have to sell it and buy another. It's not worth it.

The pack is horribly broken. I'm actually considering just disabling the whole thing. I haven't done that since Seasons when they nerfed the entire gardening system.

If they don't start fixing these things, I may not be long for the Sims. The future of the game is starting to look extremely bleak from where I'm sitting.

Look at it! They released a pack, charged people MONEY for it, and the ENTIRE THING is broken! Why are we paying for this stuff?

I LOVE the sims, but I can't in good conscience pay for something THIS horribly broken.

It's not right.
Message 10 of 28 (793 Views)