Any way to save outfits in CAS?

by ajduckie

Original Post

Highlighted

Any way to save outfits in CAS?

★★★★★ Apprentice

If this thread already exists, please kindly redirect me! I did some searching but couldn't find anything, but if I've missed it I apologize for a duplicate thread.

Does anyone know of a way to save, bookmark, or favorite outfits that you have created in CAS? I've created many outfits that I love over the years and would like the ability to quickly reuse them, edit them, mix them up, without having to dig around my library for a sim wearing it, then searching through CAS and recreating it.

I know there doesn't seem to be a proper way to do this (perhaps a good idea, EA?), but does anyone have tips for making the CAS process a bit less tedious? I know I can edit my existing sims and save them as new sims, but usually I want to pull outfits/inspiration from a variety of different sims/styles I've created in the past.

Message 1 of 10 (14,143 Views)

Re: Any way to save outfits in CAS?

Champion

@ajduckie, I absolutely love your idea!  HeartAngel  I do not know of any way to do this.  There might be a Mod that exists somewhere that allows you to do this, but I don't use mods since they can really mess up your game if you don't upkeep them. Disappointed Too much work for me! Embarrassed    While there are some EA employees who read these forums, you might also want to add your idea here : https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (14,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To be able to bookmark/save favourite outfit styles would be great. If you play with more than a handful of households, it becomes tedious to go in to CAS and swap clothes every time someone has had a birthday. I play with about 35 households, around 200 sims so you can just imagine how much work I put into making them all look nice in CAS and changing their outfit as they get older. It would be nice to have time to play too, not spend this much time on planning their outfits. Random clothes are nice too but might not fit the person or situation, so I rarely use them. I want to plan the outfits myself and save/bookmark them for future sims. Using mods for this is out of the question.

Message 3 of 10 (14,061 Views)

Champion

@NennaRC, yes this would be handy for me as well.  I almost never play rotationally, so I have a great many save games with a household in each save, and I usually have more than one person in each household. That's a lot of Sims! Raised eyebrow  And I almost always have multiple outfits in the Everyday, Sleep, Hot Weather, and Cold Weather categories! That equals hundreds of outfits! DisappointedLarge smile   Having saved outfits that we make and choose to bookmark would be a lifesaver! 

Message 4 of 10 (14,030 Views)

★ Guide

I’m bumping this thread as I think this is important to improve. 

Message 5 of 10 (12,875 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No there isn't a way (though I'm sure mods exist that can) I want this to be an improved feature too! It'll be just like the gallery for builds and sims, but for outfits instead 

Message 6 of 10 (12,852 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'd like some way of using the same outfit for the different options, Like if they have same jeans but with different tops, if you could save it then you would only have to change part of the outfit.

Message 7 of 10 (12,842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you switch between outfits (sleep,casual,formal) in CAS on pc? Like the button. Iver searched for the keyboard layout everywhere 🥲

Message 8 of 10 (11,132 Views)

Champion

@Qu33nKarma , I'm not aware of any keyboard shortcuts that let you do this.WonderingFrown  Here is a list of the ones in the game: The Sims 4 Hotkeys List - Game Controls (carls-sims-4-guide.com)

Wink

Message 9 of 10 (11,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am bumping this thread again as it is a very wished for improvement to be able to save outfits. It is almost impossible to play rotationally unless this feature is added and I guess having a town or several towns filled with sims that you rotationally play with is the aim with the game right? Why only play with one household? Anyway, it takes hundreds and thousands of outfit changes to make sure all these played sims look good throughout their lives and to be able to save the favourite combos makes this a lot easier. It gets boring after a while to change someone's clothes as they grew up. I want to pick something nice previously combined with a click.

Message 10 of 10 (1,022 Views)