Any good tip for disabling certain background music in build mode?

by aodoherty

Original Post

Re: Any good tip for disabling certain background music in build mode?

★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I'm tired of hearing the Vampire pack background music as it doesn't go with the rest of the music. I wonder if there's a mod that can turn off some music.

Has anyone tried adding titles to the ExcludedMusic file?

Message 11 of 15 (1,621 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had actually googled to find out if anyone knew about the music in build mode.  I'm sure the band that originally did it probably don't know it's been used.  One song could be a mistake but two?  I don't think so.  The band are Scottish band 'Middle of the Road and the songs are 'Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep' and 'Soley Soley'  Old 70's tunes.  Band from my city, Glasgow.

Links

Soley Soley 

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep

Abba copied them first, lol

Message 12 of 15 (1,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@aodohertyI know this thread's a year and a half old, but it seems like basically everyone misunderstood the request (no, we don't want to play music from an external media player, please stop suggesting that), so I feel the need to resurrect the thread.

There's a mod on ModTheSims called "In-Game Music" that lets you mute certain Build/CAS/neighborhood music tracks. By default, the mod erases ALL Sims 4 music, BUT if you use a utility called s4pe, you can edit the mod files to erase the values of the songs you want to keep. With that method, you can selectively disable the background music from very specific expansion packs, while leaving others (like the vanilla Sims 4 build music) intact.

I realize this isn't the most straightforward answer, and not everyone's comfortable with modding, but this is the closest we're gonna get until EA includes an option in the game itself. Why they haven't already is beyond my comprehension. But at least there's an option to fix their mistake, even if it's not the easiest option in the world.

If anyone would like, I can try and upload some of my edited files for everyone to use. That way y'all won't have to edit the values yourselves.

CM Edit: Do not link to mods on AHQ please.

Message 13 of 15 (1,417 Views)

★★ Pro
@SgtSweetieBelle I found your posting just now and thanks very much! I will try your way. I appreciate you! :D
Message 14 of 15 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 15 of 15 (902 Views)