Any good tip for disabling certain background music in build mode?

by aodoherty

Original Post

Any good tip for disabling certain background music in build mode?

★★ Pro

Hi, I wouldn't mind any background music in build mode while editing my house or creating a new home. Actually I like to hear the build mode music. But there's is a few songs I don't like. The songs from Strangerville. While hearing that music, I feel I'm infected by mother plant...not my sim. Me, the user got infected by mother plant..and feel very weird and bad. But I don't like to inactivate the pack. Is there a way to disable the music only? I love other background music, so I don't want to mute the music in game option either. thanks. Standard smile

Message 1 of 15 (9,179 Views)

Re: Any good tip for disabling certain background music in build mode?

★★ Novice
@aodoherty I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Message 2 of 15 (9,082 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aodoherty  @alafore 
Go to the music tab under game options.
Select Strange Tunes (StrangerVille music) and uncheck the music you do not want to hear.

Disclaimer: This will keep those songs from playing in your game at all.
If the channel still is available on any radio/stereo the music will not play while it is not check in options.

Music.PNG

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 15 (9,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EuphorialQueen

That option is only for the audio channel, isn't it? Does it also work for the tune in build mode and cas?

Message 4 of 15 (9,019 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aodoherty wrote:

@EuphorialQueen

That option is only for the audio channel, isn't it? Does it also work for the tune in build mode and cas?

Once you turn it off it will not play anywhere in the game. That includes build and CAS.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 5 of 15 (8,981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EuphorialQueenI activated strangerville today and unfortunately, I can hear strange background music in build mode after turning off all music in game option. I think it's only for the radio station. I also wanted to turn off the vampire tune in build and cas but I haven't found any song from game option to turn off.

5.png

The only way to turn it off is just mute all background music in game option I guess.

Message 6 of 15 (8,941 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aodoherty 
I was sure that would work. Here is another option that I use. Set the "Music" volume to a lower setting or even zero.
The music itself does not bother me so much as the volume. When I start the game or go into CAS or build / buy I can still hear the music but it is much quieter. Resetting this one option will leave the sounds in game alone.

Music Volume

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 15 (8,917 Views)

★★ Pro
@EuphorialQueen
That option is what I'm using at the moment but I miss other background music, they are lovely. I wish there is a way to disable the background music by packs. Frown
Message 8 of 15 (8,892 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty I agree, some of those songs are very nice. I'll often stay in build/buy mode even after I have finished my project just to listen to the rest of a song. :D

Message 9 of 15 (8,848 Views)

★★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness I agree! I'd love to listen to the background music mostly.:D
Message 10 of 15 (8,829 Views)