Anniversary Party quest!

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: Anniversary Party quest!

★★ Novice

I have played every day since the moment the event started and I will be able to get the karaoke machine one day before the event is over. Its not possible to get the basketball court without using sim cash to rush events. This is not really a fair way to set up the event IMO. Haven’t gotten any worth while items from the boxes, but I still have a few balloons to open them. We’ll see!

Message 31 of 44 (1,065 Views)

I respectfully disagree @Jeeksteria. I rarely use simcash for anything, and I refuse to use it for events like this (and I doubt I'm the only one). I completed the quest and got the karaoke machine, and then just continued on with tasks that have balloon rewards and before I knew it I had gotten the basketball court (I don't have room for it, and I don't even like basketball). I will occasionally use a cupcake to speed up the home event that takes 11+ hours, but mainly I like the extra 90 balloons you get.

The secret to getting through these quests with time to spare is time and task management. Many times you can stack your tasks so they count for more than one quest event. Print out, write down, or keep a screen shot handy of the walkthrough so you can plan ahead what you're going to do.

I try to keep the attitude that if I am able to complete the quest, that's fine, and if I don't, it's no big deal because this is just a game. It's meant to be challenging not stressful. 

Message 32 of 44 (1,058 Views)

★★ Novice

I have looked ahead and stacked my tasks, I've been playing this game for a while. I still feel this is hard to beat without using extra help, that is what I think is unfair. You mentioned you used cupcakes and got an extra 90 balloons. That's a smart idea but I don't feel like anyone should have to use extra items to attain these goals. How many days did it take you to compete the event with cupcakes? And how many cupcakes did you use? Just wondering for next time to see if it's worth it for me. This is a game, and the challenge is accepted, but hardly attainable.

Message 33 of 44 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think the easiest way to do this game when there is a quest. It's actually do the quest part first. It all the tests out of the way, then you got the karaoke machine. (Took me about two and a half days) once that was out of the way did a lot of llama zooms and events. You can put a timer on your phone, which helps you a lot to know when the event starts and when you can use bathroom. Use one cupcake per event for 90 points (only one per event) and I got my basketball court two days ago. I was able to do events with only three Sims. So if you were to just tackle this event doing only events you'll never get the basketball court you have to do the quest first. And there's no way to go around the fact that you need to do llamas zooms. I agree with previous poster you need to stack tasks. I'm not even going to bother to do any more events because the loot boxes were really disappointing and I kept on getting duplicates. I rather send my Sims to work.

Message 34 of 44 (1,039 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I really want to keep playing this game. I've collected 12,850 balloons at the "Anniversary Party" event. But I'm bored and angry! because I didn't get anything from the boxes. from the boxes I've opened, I've received something I've received earlier, and a refund ... The result was a total waste of time for me.

Message 35 of 44 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I'm disappointed the basketball court doesn't look like the picture. It's what I was most excited for. ☹

Message 36 of 44 (964 Views)

★★★ Guide

@FireSoFierce 

I completed the anniversary event and did not get the blacktop either.  I put in a help desk ticket.

I mean why even have it separated.  Maybe some people just want the goal up since the blacktop would take up too much space.

Message 37 of 44 (954 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Jeeksteria 

I used all of my cupcakes but I was completing two quest at the same time.  I wanted the basketball goal.

I had to go in every hour (mostly) when my energy refilled and complete tasks for my sims.

Of course I have a life so it was not every hour but I did complete it with 23 hours left.

HOWEVER, after completing,  I did not get all pieces of the basketball court.  Bummer.

Now, I did have to be more proactive than I usually am. I usually complete one llama Zoom per day.  I think I was doing at least 2 maybe 3.  Way more time than I wanted to spend on Sims.

I did get the hot tub which is the only item I really wanted (the rest of the items just made my storage more crowded.  I will never use them).  The Karaoke machine is cute but takes up too much space (instead of two blocks, it takes up 6 blocks.  WHY?)

Message 38 of 44 (951 Views)

★★ Novice
Great advice. I will definitely set timers next time as use cupcakes, I really wanted that basketball court! Thanks so much
Message 39 of 44 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The Karaoke machine takes up too much space ,it takes up 6 blocks. Most abominably, The  Karaoke machine doesn't help at Party.Now it's just an ornament, useless or even occupying a big place.

If I knew it wouldn't be useful. I wouldn't have spent that much time and spent my cupcakes to get it.

sad sad 

Message 40 of 44 (907 Views)