An idea for future updates (maybe?) - Changing your Sims height

by Teepaichan

Original Post

An idea for future updates (maybe?) - Changing your Sims height

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I've been playing Sims for a good amount of years and I'd like to share an idea that i had in mind for so long...

The idea is to be able to change your height whether your a teen, young adult, adult or elder. Main reason for this idea is because I am 4"11 and I feel that whenever I create my own sim, it doesn't feel like ME because the sim is taller than what I am in reality. It can also bring funny action and emotion opportunities such as some Sims might find you "cute" or thought you were a kid, and your Sim can either to react with frustration and takes it as a compliment (I would know however i always find it funny people reacting to my height). Same with a much taller Sim. Sims can react to how tall your sim is but maybe be intimidated by your Sim's height which can either make your Sim offended or find it funny.

Hopefully this will be possible in future The Sim games Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (886 Views)

Re: An idea for future updates (maybe?) - Changing your Sims height

Community Manager

Hi there @Teepaichan,

Great suggestion, thanks for providing this! I've seen this requested quite a few times previously, and as a shorter person myself, I definitely agree- I'd love the ability to edit heights and see some fun traits/emotions or animations added in with that, like tall Sims bumping their heads on ceiling fans or door frames, or short Sims falling into the washing machine.

I'll get your feedback sent over to the team! 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 12 (866 Views)

Champion

Agreed!

I keep trying to find different ways to make petite Sims, I make their feet tiny and put them in flats, I make them skinnier, but that doesn't make them shorter just smaller framed. I even adjust hairlines and jaw height, just thinking drat this Sim will not look any shorter!

I'd be happy to see this added. If we can stretch them width wise we should be able to stretch them height wise!

🤞🤞🤞

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 3 of 12 (825 Views)

Champion

@Teepaichan , @simsplayer818 , and @EA_Solaire , I totally agree!🥰  If this can be done, then it should be done!  I have heard that it is a lot harder to code for height (at least satisfactorily) than it is for width, something about the entire frame getting smaller, and not just shorter, which isn't that realistic. But I do not know how to code, so this is just what I've heard.  Also, I have no idea how this would best be implemented.  Some have suggested sliders, others have suggested a short, average, and tall setting for each age.  One problem I see is that since most players want teens to be shorter than adults, I think everyone is just going to make the adults all taller or else the teens all shorter!  I'm sure all this presents a challenge for outfits in CAS as well. 😔

I am also really short, not quite the size to actually fall into the washing machine, but since my machine is a top loading one, I do have to use a step stool to get all the clothes out, or else I have to use a tool like a hanger, back-scratcher, or tongs to get a stray sock out that is beyond my reach!  Add to this problem the fact that I'm clumsy ... I have actually broken a rib trying to get laundry out of the washer!😣🤣   After that I bought a step stool! 😅 

I always hate that my Simself is the same height in the game as everybody else.  I'm sure really tall people feel the same!  Really tall people and really short people have certain challenges that are usually overlooked by most people. It would be nice to have that as well, but if we can't have the funny animations, then I think most of us would settle for just having the height differences! 😎

I realize this might not be feasible in The Sims 4 at this late point, but I do really hope they add this feature in future versions of the Sims!!!🤞Party hat 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 12 (810 Views)

Community Manager

@PugLove888 

Oh my goodness, I'm sorry to hear about your ribs, I hope you're feeling better now! Being short really does come with a few hazards doesn't it 😅 Honestly as a short person that top-loading washing machine is the bane of my existence!  

I'm not sure how or if height adjustment could be implemented in, but as always I'm more than happy to pass the feedback along 😊

solaire.png

Message 5 of 12 (786 Views)

Champion

@EA_Solaire ,  thanks for your concern! 🥰 I'm all better since this happened about 10 years ago! 😅 My short mom has a front loading washing machine, like we have with Laundry Day Stuff, and it is much easier for her than it was when she had a top loading one.  I'm sorry to hear you have had a lot of problems with being short and having a top loading washing machine as well! 

I know both short and tall people can have back problems from working with standard height kitchen counters.  

Thank you for passing this along!  This is an overlooked area (not just in the Sims) so it is nice that you are passing this feedback along! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 12 (773 Views)

★ Guide

Height adjust is possible with sliders - as there are two mods that successfully do this. Well, four actually - the third and fourth ones just enable you to adjust neck length and shoulder height respectively. the other two allow you to actually adjust a sims full height - one using the sims feet to adjust but i think this negates the foot sliders and the other you use the bottom of the neck /Clavicle region to adjust height. This also works with another mod that gives several height presets (four, maybe five). I'm not mentioning the mods themselves as i think that may breach the rules, but perhaps the sims gurus could reach out to the modders and collaborate?

Message 7 of 12 (761 Views)

Sims 4 suggestion for EA

★★ Apprentice

Hello EA. I once contacted EA for the sims 4. I was not expecting anything to happen from it. But I asked EA to make a sims 4 expansion pack about "high school". And to my surprise, " Sims 4 high school years" was announced and made. This made me very happy that EA listened to my suggestions. This also inspired me to come up with more suggestions. It doesn't matter if it is sims 4 or sims 5. But EA should make height sliders. It is very unrealistic and not as much fun when every sim is the same height. I know it can make animation harder to make. However, it is what most simmers have been wanting for decades. So my suggestion for EA is to make an update for sims 4 that include height sliders/adjustment or in the future generation of sims " The sims 5" make height sliders. 

Thank you for reading

Message 8 of 12 (728 Views)

Re: Sims 4 suggestion for EA

[ Edited ]
Champion

We actually had a discussion a few months back about this very subject. I add a link here as you might find it interesting.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/An-idea-for-future-updates-maybe-Changing-your...

I'd like to be able to edit heights too so I hope it gets added. But did you spot that you can edit foot size? So when I want a petite Sim I use the smaller body frame and make their feet smaller to give the illusion of a smaller Sim. Or I widen their shoulders to make it look like a bigger Sim. It's not quite the same I know but that's how I do it anyway.

Edit: since there is already a mod for it then I'd like to see the feature brought into the game since those of us on Console can't use mods.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 12 (694 Views)

Re: Sims 4 suggestion for EA

★★★★★ Novice
@Nan22fly There is a mod for it! It makes sims more realistic!
Message 10 of 12 (674 Views)