Rif.: Almost all of the civilians in my game have grey hair. Why?!

by rnyc4b

Original Post

Almost all of the civilians in my game have grey hair. Why?!

★★★★ Novice

Almost every single sim civilian in my game (sims that aren’t my four) all of a sudden I noticed all have grey hair and are hunched over as if they’re retired. It’s both non-playable sims and sims that belong to other users. 

I thought at first this was because I never retired my sims (they’ve been ready to retire for a while) and I thought maybe this was a way of the game reminding me to do so. But then I checked on a second game I have going on another device I have, (much newer game and my sims on there are not ready to retire) and the same thing is happening.

is anyone else noticing this or happening to anyone else? I really don’t like seeing all the other sims grey and hunched over like this. 

Message 1 of 5 (741 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Welcome to Granny Town.

It's the same for everybody. The game shows you retired playable and non playable sims for the most part.

It's a notorious bug/inconvenience that the developers can't or don't want to fix.

Message 2 of 5 (701 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Oh wow! Hey thanks for the response, I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. Any idea when this started? I feel like it’s been within the last few weeks or so. Hopefully they get it fixed!

Message 3 of 5 (680 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It starts after a few weeks of playing. Your sims gain contacts, but these contacts sooner or later are retired and so as time passes you start to see more and more old people in town.

Also the employers at the work place are automatically retired after some time (I have no idea on which basis, I guess randomly) but they are not replaced with younger employers by the system. So basically also the bosses at work are old people. Really annoying. I think it would be easy to fix at least the workplace thing.

I started to play almost 2 years ago and I got full of old people after a few weeks.

Message 4 of 5 (653 Views)

Re: Almost all of the civilians in my game have grey hair. Why?!

★★★★ Expert

@rnyc4b We call them game NPCs (Non-Playable Characters). Actually, it was very common way before but I did notice improvements (maybe coz of updates since simmers did complain here in the forums) in oldies not being around the town so much lately. I did retire my sims who has relationships with these old townies (esp those in their work places) & the game replaced them.

Message 5 of 5 (627 Views)