All of my shoes have disappeared (CC and Maxis)

by guitynotguilty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

All of my shoes have disappeared (CC and Maxis)

★★★ Novice

Since yesterday afternoon, all of the shoes in my game have disappeared. They show up in CAS, but they disappear during gameplay. I thought that it may have been the CC at first, so I changed the shoes to maxis. They still did not reappear. It's as if I never put shoes on my sims. Their feet and other body parts are still visible, it's only the shoes. My other CC clothing show up. I've already tried restarting my game. I did not have this problem earlier on in the day when I was playing.

Message 1 of 12 (3,975 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: All of my shoes have disappeared (CC and Maxis)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@guitynotguilty, your porblem can still be CC related.  This is most likely to happen after any patch/update that EA releases. 

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try addng back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game.  It probably isn't a bug since I have yet to hear of anyone else expieriencing this. 

Please update us if this works or not!  Best of luck! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (3,943 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@guitynotguilty, your porblem can still be CC related.  This is most likely to happen after any patch/update that EA releases. 

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try addng back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game.  It probably isn't a bug since I have yet to hear of anyone else expieriencing this. 

Please update us if this works or not!  Best of luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (3,944 Views)

★★★ Novice

So... I followed your instructions. They did not work. HOWEVER, I did find, while scrolling through my mods, that I actually had a mod installed that made my sims not wear their shoes in the house. Turns out there was never a problem. I just don't pay enough attention to what I download. Thank you for the advice, though. I'll make sure to make use of it should I ever come across an actual problem.

Message 3 of 12 (3,913 Views)

Champion

@guitynotguilty, I'm so happy you found the problem! :eahigh_file:  I'm also glad that your Mods werent' out of date and were working as intended!  (And I can see how many cultures would want tht Mod in their game since in their day to day lives they wouldn't wera shoes in the house! Standard smile  ) 

Well, at least you will be prepared if you ever have problems again!  Thank you for the update! Angel Happy Simming! Party hat 

Message 4 of 12 (3,898 Views)

★★ Novice

What mod is it? It’s happening to me inside houses as well and I hate it! 

Message 5 of 12 (3,690 Views)

★★★ Expert

@italianjew82 I'm not sure how many mods there might be that could cause this but one for sure that will do this is Little Ms Sam's "No Shoes at Home" mod. It's one of her Random Small Mods if you are using any of those. If you have that mod in your Mods folder try removing it and then deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder.

Message 6 of 12 (3,686 Views)

★★ Novice

I have that and I am about to delete it! they are exercising and cleaning with no shoes!!! What in the world!!!

Message 7 of 12 (3,670 Views)

★★★ Expert

@italianjew82 Make sure to also delete the localthumbcache.package file in your Sims 4 folder after you delete the mod, just in case any part of that mod has been stored in your game cache.

Message 8 of 12 (3,646 Views)

★★ Novice
@guitynotguilty Me too I have the same problem ! All my sims appeared without their shoes !
Message 9 of 12 (3,551 Views)

★ Novice

I noticed this on my Sims as well! She has zero CC. She is in the Snowy pack world and has no shoes inside, but when she goes outside, she puts them on. Is this part of the worlds features?

Message 10 of 12 (2,754 Views)